PDA

View Full Version : Flight Schools in Florida

jamielatham
22nd Aug 2005, 21:28
Hi

I am planning to do JAA Carrer Pilot Program, zero to Frozen ATPL, I was wandering if people could recommend any schools in the Florida region?...

This will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Jay

Charlie Zulu
22nd Aug 2005, 21:46
Well the only fixed wing schools I know of in Florida and who have "JAA Career Pilot Programs" are:

http://www.flyeft.com/
http://www.naples-air-center.com/
http://www.flyoft.com/

There are probably others but I'm unable to remember who they are at the moment, apologies in advance!

I can't recommend any of the schools above in regards to the JAA CPP course as I have never attended the schools for the afformentioned course.

I am however doing my ATPLs with NAC and find them good (94.4% average with no fails in my exam results so far) as well as having done the FAA CPL/IR at NAC. So from a personal point of view I can't fault them as I have never experienced any problems and they have only been friendly towards me and plenty of other people I know. BUT on the other hand I do know someone who would say something slightly different (recent over booking in the flight department).

Farrell
25th Aug 2005, 21:54
Jamie

You seem to be posting all over the place.

Why not put all of your questions into one post and then we can answer them as best we can.

Farrell :ok:

B2N2
26th Aug 2005, 21:21
Yes Jamie, this is getting a little long in the tooth. Guess why you didn't get any answers yet.

WX Man
26th Aug 2005, 22:00
There are other places in the USA that you could look at that are much better (not in FL).

More info, PM me.

FWIW, I am now a Chief Pilot. I would not give a job to someone who went to some flying schools in Florida. My number 3 went to a different school in the USA (not in Florida).

Turkish777
28th Aug 2005, 01:07
Is Delta Connection Academy on your list WX Man?

DesiPilot
28th Aug 2005, 05:05
WX Man,

FWIW, I am now a Chief Pilot. I would not give a job to someone who went to some flying schools in Florida. My number 3 went to a different school in the USA (not in Florida).

Thats a bit nasty :hmm: considering you did part your training in Florida. Now that you are a chief pilot you are changing colours!!

<<edit: Agreed. Very selfish attitude - thought you were better than that W/X.>>

VisaGeeza
28th Aug 2005, 15:47
Desipilot, WX Man doesn't have good memories of Florida. Still running from the scene of the fire maybe? :p

Farrell
28th Aug 2005, 21:16
Ooooooooooooooooh! Evil comments abound on this forum. :E

Come on now - the man has his right to choose.

DesiPilot
9th Oct 2005, 19:21
yes the man chose to shout bloooooooooody helllll the plane is on fire :E

WX Man
11th Oct 2005, 16:37
Yes, its a change of colour... mainly because I was LIED TO by the school.

I have flown with you, DesiPilot, before and I think you are an extremely good instructor. That is the reason I chose the school I did- so I could fly with you. The school told me I would be allocated you as my instructor. Which I was not.

KeyGrip- I am disappointed that I have to slate this school, but I don't like being lied to. When I was there there was great dissatisfaction with the school amongst some of my fellow students, mostly due to the actions of the management.

I'm very sorry, but when I got on that bus to take me back north, I was NOT sorry to see the back of that place.

(re: the BBQ. You will be pleased to know that I have since learnt how to start a hot engine).

B2N2
12th Oct 2005, 00:47
I like the school I work for, does that count ?:O

james707
16th Oct 2005, 18:02
Orlando, Florida Bond Aviation web site www.bondaviationservices.com