PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Ground In One Country And Flying In Another!

garjoyce
22nd Aug 2005, 15:29
Hi,

I would like to study for my JAR APTL ground in Ireland. With the aim of completing the frozen ATPL. The school I would like to study in is pan aviation (www.panaviation.ie), its an

International partner of Bristol Groundschool.

After completing the ATPL exams I would like to start my flying in the UK. I just want to know is it possible to complete it this way? Completing the ground study in one country and the flying in another?

I appreciate your response

Kind Regards

MDC123
22nd Aug 2005, 16:26
as long as it is JAA approved that's fine

Keygrip
22nd Aug 2005, 16:55
Hang on - that's not 100% correct.

There has to be a "Mutual Recognition" between the two JAA States.

You need to ask the Irish and the Brits if they will both accept each others part in the overall game.

I'm sure the answer is "Yes", for those two, but you really ought to ask the poeple who know - that is the CAA and the IAA.

conor_mc
23rd Aug 2005, 09:34
Just to clarify Keygrips remark - this applies to the ATPL theory course and the CPL training course. As both of these courses constitute the Licence, both should be undertaken in the same country, unless you've established that there is Mutual Recognition.

As the IR (for example) is a rating, it can be done at any JAA school and added to your licence without need for Mutual Recognition. Hour building can obviously be done in any location, JAA or not.

too_sleepy
25th Aug 2005, 02:06
Hi

There's a lot of pilots here in Ireland that were under the illusion that we could study with Pan and complete the training in another JAA country. You cannot. I'd like to repeat that for emphasis. You cannot.
We were told by Pan that you can, once again, you cannot.
We've been told by the IAA that you can, and that you can't. There is a lot of mis information out there at the moment. Schools will tell you anything to get you onboard. Pan don't operate anymore. To study the ATPLs with an Irish crowd you need to speak to PTC in Waterford that resell the Naples Air Center course. You could also talk to the National Flight Centre at Weston.

There has been some recent talk form the IAA and CAA that an agreement is about to be reached that will allow you do finish training in the UK.
But why would you do it. Study with Bristol and do their great review period. Then you can do the CPL in the UK or any CAA school.