PDA

View Full Version : Imagine getting paid to do this!!

Zoom
22nd Aug 2005, 11:06
Go on, have a look!

http://www.canardzone.com/content/JetFlightInMountains.wmv

Bo Nalls
22nd Aug 2005, 13:05
Warning - seems like a huge download. Gave up after 10mins (2meg connection) with only 7% downloaded!!

MostlyHarmless
22nd Aug 2005, 13:14
~36MB and the download speed is pants... May start a torrent when it's finished :hmm:

Zoom
22nd Aug 2005, 13:25
Ah, I'm also on 2Mg Broadband and it streams immediately and perfectly. Don't download it and it should work well. It is a 16 minute video.

6foottanker
22nd Aug 2005, 17:22
So, for the likes of us poor souls stuck in MPA, with the download speed of a tortoise on crutches, what's the video about?

foldingwings
22nd Aug 2005, 17:34
We don't know yet! I'll call you in 4 days once it has downloaded!

Smoketoomuch
22nd Aug 2005, 18:25
It's video of Swiss Mirage 3 in the Alps. Been posted here before, by errr me.
Would be nice if people could be a bit more descriptive than a simple 'Watch this' - it'd save a few wasted downloads.

Zoom
22nd Aug 2005, 19:50
Sorry folks, particularly Smoketoomuch. Just thought I was doing you a favour. It was so easy for me to view, you see, even out here in the backward, rural Midlands. (Launches into Broadband sales pitch.)

Smoketoomuch
22nd Aug 2005, 20:02
Zoom, no probs - just me being cranky :)
It is a great vid, love the Matterhorn ascent 11 mins in, and I'm sure there are people that haven't seen it.
If you search on the mil forum for a thread titled 'nice video' there are a few good ones on there. Hopefully the links still work.
There are few more great French videos kicking around on the net too. Google might reveal 'em.

27mm
24th Aug 2005, 20:30
Should be mandatory viewing in all cinemas - well worth the wait to download - also a novel alternative method of climbing the Matterhorn.....

Icarusthesecond
25th Aug 2005, 09:23
Great video. Extremely envious. No wonder fast jet pilots have an ego as big as the stripes on their cheap suit.

Envy is such an evil characteristic.

Anyway, back to my 120kts below 10,000
;)

Duncan D'Sorderlee
26th Aug 2005, 17:16
That looked like quite good fun.

I've got a spare 16 1/2 mins in November.

:D

Kirkwall
26th Aug 2005, 17:24
Very nice video and worh the wait, but I am not sure why they got all excited and started shouting at each other when they appeared to be pretending to shoot down what was probably just a passing Easyjet on it's way to Moblo.

Do fighter pilots always do this or was it just for the movie?

Fox_4
26th Aug 2005, 20:47
If thats an easyjet on its way to molbo or wherever then it flys a good notch and crank on its way there.

Just because its conning doesnt mean its an airliner. Especially not when the jets are being controlled onto a number of "airliners" by their controller.

Fighter pilots usually have harder intercepts than easy flight 651 to ibiza.

:cool:

Ewan Whosearmy
26th Aug 2005, 22:58
The Swiss often practise CAP 'n Tap in very limited airspace that is adjacent to civil airspace. It's common during these sorties for Red Air (operating under GCI c ontrol) to fly a similar profile to an airliner before pitching into the fight. It mixes things up a little and makes for some interesting set-ups. It could well be that this is what the video shows.