PDA

View Full Version : Best Place in UK for IR Conversion

airmiles
22nd Aug 2005, 10:57
Hi There Chaps,

I am new to this site so please bare with me..

I currently have an FAA CPL IR ME and need to convert it to the JAR CPL IR ME. I have the JAR ATPL THEO now in hand and must ASAP convert the whole lot to the JAR.

I have been told quite a few schools in the UK do the IR conversion, however there are some schools which have more time than others. Some of the bigger schools may have more aircraft and instructors, but I am sure they're not always the schools that will get you through the quickest and most efficient way. I want a school no matter what their size to be attentative towards me, teach me what I need to be taught and get me through fast and efficiently. And importantly where they will not take too much money off you. Of course as I very well know learning to fly is an expensive business, no one needs to tell me that, but I am almost done and thus want the best service and a school that in layman terms will not rip me off. Naturally I am prepared to pay the money that is needed to be spent but I don't want to be messed around.

As I have seen from browsing this site there are many pilots that come here, so I am hoping to get a good response.

Thanks.

provo
22nd Aug 2005, 19:08
Airmiles
Check your PM

trainer too 2
22nd Aug 2005, 19:13
PAT in bournemouth has my vote.:ok:

hixton
23rd Aug 2005, 18:56
Ive heard the best place to use is Tayflite (think thats how you spell it!)

provo
24th Aug 2005, 21:47
Airmiles
Check your PM

WX Man
26th Aug 2005, 22:18
Depends on:

1. Aircraft you did your FAA CPL MEIR on

2. Where you live

3. Checklists used by the schools.

If there is a school nearby that uses the same aircraft, with nearly the same checklist, the decision is made for you.

Before you start your conversion, make sure you are familiar with the differences between flying IFR in uncontrolled airspace (Class F and G) and flying IFR in controlled airspace. This is something that is taken for granted, generally, in the USA. There is a big difference here in the UK.

Examiner
29th Aug 2005, 13:56
Have a look at Cleveland Flying School

Capt. Vilo
29th Aug 2005, 17:42
Take a look at BRISTOL FLYING CENTRE .

Mercenary Pilot
30th Aug 2005, 19:47
Agree with Capt. Vilo 110%!

bumpffslam
1st Sep 2005, 16:35
PAT at Bournemouth are small but good, flying BE76. All nav aids on field and easy access to controlled airspace.