PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Air force museum

noisy
22nd Aug 2005, 10:48
Any good? I have one day in Sing. after a trip to the land of Oz and am wondering if I should spend my time drinking singapore slings and hunting out cheap electronics or drooling over a hawker hunter.

Please advise,

N

:)

wub
22nd Aug 2005, 11:25
It's not a bad little museum, quite small but well executed. You can do it in a morning and not miss anything. If I had just one day in Singers I personally wouldn't go but it's your call. As to cheap electronics, prepare to be disappointed - there isn't much that cheap these days, although you can reclaim tax at the airport.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/about/te-afm.asp

noisy
22nd Aug 2005, 11:41
Thanks Wub,

(isn't pprune handy!!)

will probably go to raffles and do some imbibing then.

Cheers,

N

Sultan Ismail
22nd Aug 2005, 17:26
Singapore Slings

Good plan Noisy, you can see the Hawker Hunter in many other places, but there is only one Singapore Sling.

Did you know that the MRT (Underground) can take you right there from Changi. It's a shuttle to Tanah Merah then the EW (EastWest) line to City Hall. A 5 minute walk through Raffles City and you are at the Long Bar.

For a bit of fresh air take a walk to the Singapore River and a Bum boat ride up and down the river. Of course Clark Quay may just beckon. Have fun :ok:

wub
23rd Aug 2005, 06:26
In my opinion Clarke Quay has been spoiled by the introduction of those plastic looking 'lilypads' which resemble a kiddies fairground. The Voodoo Bar has gone and there is a reverse bungy jump, which shoots you into the air. Not to be attempted after a couple of Singapore Slings, or a long Tiger :yuk: