PDA

View Full Version : Class upgrade with CX w. airline ticket?

xabi200
22nd Aug 2005, 08:46
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible and what would be the procedure to be upgraded in business class with airline ticket (one world)?

Travelling to HKG at the end of the month with CX, either from Paris or London.

Thanks.

sinkingship
22nd Aug 2005, 09:09
Errr, pay the extra money.

christep
22nd Aug 2005, 09:10
Er, go to the ticket desk at the airport, offer them your credit card and say "I'd like to buy an upgrade please". I'm sure they'll be happy to take your money.

Koyo
22nd Aug 2005, 15:15
Well asking for sure doesn't work since I already tried that twice. But my mother was able to use points collected by my dad's Macro Polo club to do an upgrade. It may be possible to do the same if you have a membership with an allied airline.

xabi200
23rd Aug 2005, 08:15
Hi all,

I think that i did not make myself understood, I work for a one world airline,hence I have ID92 ticket subject to availability. So it cost me 85 euros paris/hkg.

If the tourist class is full then they automatically put me in business.

The question is how to travel in business when the tourist class is not full.

For example with Iberia,just go say hello to the captain showing your airline badge,then he usualy tells the cabin boss to put you in business.

With Air France have a friend working at air france drop a note in the captain mail box,then go say hello boarding the aircraft.,ten tey put you in business if there are room.

Anything like that with CX?

Cheers.

bonajet
23rd Aug 2005, 08:16
Hello xabi200
Assuming that you are Iberia staff and using an EY ID90 then I don't think you'll get upgraded. I'd look closely at the loads as those flights can be very full in late August. CX will move a passenger up rather than you, unlike some other oneworld carriers. Good luck.
ps just seen your second post. No way will any of that happen.

404 Titan
23rd Aug 2005, 09:05
xabi200
If the tourist class is full then they automatically put me in business.
Nope. Sorry no upgrades for staff or interline including Oneworld. Company policy.

christep
24th Aug 2005, 08:15
As one of the Diamond members who might get upgraded so that you could get on in economy I have to say that I like this policy :)

404 Titan
24th Aug 2005, 11:06
christep

It’s also Company policy not to upgrade full fare pax just to get staff on board. Sorry. :(