PDA

View Full Version : Are you Joining FTE on the 10th October?

RichardThacker
21st Aug 2005, 20:17
Hi there,

Im starting a new link to find out if anybody out there is going to be joining me in Spain on the 10th October. Im a self sponsored, but am expecting a number of citi express sponsored too. Is this you? If so get in contact.

I'm just trying to work out the best way to get my stuff over to spain, as im pretty sure ryanair will be far from accomodating. Any ideas?

See you in a few weeks,

Richard.

F.O.E.
22nd Aug 2005, 18:56
I'm starting in Sept but it would be useful to find out any helpful tips, hints or pointers any of you guys and gals have come across. Is there any thing you wish you had taken but didn’t?

Cheers

Flyingonempty

Muppet99
22nd Aug 2005, 19:05
Hi guys

Your best bet is to check www.henrybevan.co.uk .... it contains a lot of useful information on amongst other things the essentials to bring with you.

Ryanair allow 15kg hold baggage and 5 kg hand luggage (I think) and seem to enforce it strictly.
My best advice would be to either fly Heathrow/Madrid/Jerez or look to flying to Seville from Heathrow. But - most of the people on my course did come on Ryanair but they've just got less stuff here than me!
Any other questions pls do ask.

PS - Bring a bathmat if possible as they are not supplied and are pretty neccessary to avoid flooding the bathroom!

Martin Gibbs
23rd Aug 2005, 12:55
Hi Richard,

I'm starting FTE on 10th october on the Citiexpress scheme.

I've got the same problem with taking my stuff over. i'm booked to fly over with ryanair, think i'm just going to pay for any extra allowance i need because its still cheaper than driving etc.

i've just been speaking to a mate who has just been to have a look, he said its great. I cant wait to get started.

e-mail me at [email protected]

Martin

Divet II
27th Aug 2005, 23:46
Hi, if you fly with RyanAir and you play golf, then bring your clubs and stuff as many clothes and shoes as you can into the bag. There is a set charge of £17 for a golf bag and I think mine weighed about 30kgs in the end.

Definitely check Henry's site and bring some bluetac or whitetac and as muppet99 said bring a bathmat.

Look forward to seeing you in sunny Jerez,

Divet