View Full Version : Internet Security Settings issue

Dom Joly
20th Aug 2005, 15:09
The problem that I've founb arose when trying to download Itunes 4.9 - although it has occurred with other programs I've tried to download.

Everytime I try and update iTunes I get a yellow triangle with a black '!' saying that 'Your current security settings do not allow the file to be downloaded'. I have tried adjusting my security settings every which way possible via Tools - Internet Options. I do have a firewall but I have turned that off and restarted the PC but to no avail.

Apple said it was to do with Microsoft and Microsoft gave me a link to an explanation as to why this occurred and a fix but this didn't work. After that Microsoft said it was down to Apple!!

So here I am in limbo. If any one might know why this happened, how to correct it OR a web address to download 4.9 which isn't a link to the Apple site.

Seems to be since I updated to Win XP Pro SP2?

Thank you

Buttino
20th Aug 2005, 18:09
I don't have a direct fix for it, but this may help

I only use Mozilla firefox to browse the web and it works pretty well, try downloading firefox and then download Itunes which should work

www.mozilla.org

Dom Joly
22nd Aug 2005, 16:40
Thanks again for the info Buttino and for your Gmail invite.

Installed Morzilla Firefox and sure enough it worked. I really don't know what the problem is with Internet Explorer. However for now at least I have a work-around.