PDA

View Full Version : Borland builder 5

amanoffewwords
18th Aug 2005, 21:58
Has anyone spotted the above software in any magazine CD recently? Hoping it might be available for free or low cost since they're on version 6 at the moment (and amazon says it has been discon).

Thanks,
amofw

flynverted
19th Aug 2005, 04:24
33 MB download if you have highspeed internet access. http://www.download.com/3D-Developer-Studio-for-Borland-C++-Builder/3000-2070_4-10213580.html

amanoffewwords
19th Aug 2005, 14:04
Thanks flynverted, I do have high(ish) speed broadband but the link you gave me takes me to a download of a 3D gaming software which is (I think) not the same as the simpler Borland builder software I was after. I don't think it is listed in download.com which makes me suspect it's not available.

But it's not even available on eBay or Amazon.co.uk which is strange.

I might send an email to Borland..you never know.

Cheers anyway,

Charles

Stoney X
19th Aug 2005, 15:19
Does this help? Borland downloads. (http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_cbuilder.html) They are offering a free command line compiler for version 5.5 You don't get the GUI interface/development environment but the compiler itself works a treat.

Regards
Stoney

amanoffewwords
22nd Aug 2005, 11:06
Thanks Stoney X - yep I saw that - might go for it to have a look though I'd prefer to have the real thing so that I'm familiar with the layout and the basic stuff before the course starts.

Cheers
amofw

seacue
23rd Aug 2005, 04:49
There is a Borland C++ Builder 6 "Personal Edition" which sells for US$69.00 .

I suspect that it isn't a full-blown version and surely forbids distribution of its output.

Might be a nice thing to play with before taking a course.

Disclaimer: I do not have this software. I have a much earlier same-price version which came with a "Teach Yourself ...." book. I've been too lazy to get very far.

sc

amanoffewwords
24th Aug 2005, 10:07
Thanks seacue, wish I had $69 - kind of broke at the moment :{ - having spend £300 on the course I don't really want to fork out more dosh for this. I might download the ide from bloodshed.net - that way I can have a play around with the code. I suspect however that I may end up in the same predicament as yours: "I've been too lazy to get very far."
:rolleyes: