PDA

View Full Version : Aswers not corresponding

DTTogaLI
17th Aug 2005, 21:46
The Altitude Select System:

Engages autopilot Auto Trim at selected altitude
-Illuminates a light when selected altitude is attained
-Is annunciated by light and/or sound when airplane is approaching selected altitude
Disengages autopilot Auto Trim at selected altitude

Hi, I found this question in two different dtb, and the answers are not the same. In bristol the first " - "is the correct answer, but in other dtb is the second "- "

So, which one is the correct answer?

The advantages provided by an air data computer to indicate the altitude are : 1. Position/pressure error correction 2. Hysteresis error correction 3. Remote data transmission capability 4. Capability of operating as a conventional altimeter in the event of a failure The combination of correct statements is :

Another one...

Tallbloke
18th Aug 2005, 08:04
The answer to the second question is 1,2,3. I fthe ADC fails then you must rely on the stndby ASI, which is a conventional ASI, because the ADC output is no longer trustworthy.

The first one I would say is answer c), answer b sounds like altitude hold system as opposed to altitude select. Having watched a few cockpit videos (nerd that I am) I have noticed that there is a warning horn which sounds just before reaching selected level (750' before I think though I am sure someone will correct me)