PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taken the CTC wings cadets route?

davepearsall
16th Aug 2005, 20:30
I am just about to complete my final year at uni.

After this I want to persue my ambition of eventually becoming a cival aviation airline pilot. (bet you haven't heard that before on this forum )

I am from a single parent family with a pretty small annual income and there is noway I am going to be able to go to my local airfield and get my PPL

I have noticed on CTC the wings cadets option would really be the only option for me. If you aren't aware this is basically starting from scratch for people with very little or no flying experiance. You can then progress through each stage and then final train to become a fully licensed airline pilot.

I was wondering if there was anyone on here that was in the same situation as me and what you did. Or if you know of anyone that was in the same situation.

I'm rather worried of finishing my education and doing a job that I don't want to be doing.

Most of my friends are now branching off into different areas that they enjoy and will hopefully eventually find a job which they enjoy, and like i say it is my worry i will end up in a job that I know I won't want to be doing.

I know that the selection process is very hard but I would much rather be rejected via selection processes rather than my financial situation.

Any replys will be much appreciated!

Blinkz
16th Aug 2005, 20:39
If you look in the interviews and sponsorship forum there is a big thread about the CTC wings program where you can get alot of info.

Mooney12
17th Aug 2005, 00:20
Hi Dave,

I was in the same position as you a year ago. About to finish university and hoping to become an airline pilot, however I was also realistic about it, due to the money involved. I didn't have access to the funds.

So I went along with my other friends and applied to investment banks etc....but the job descriptions made me cringe. I went for one interview, which I passed, then got told to come back for the second stage......it was then I found out about the wings scheme. So I told the bank I wasn't coming down and put all my eggs in the CTC basket (much to the despair of my parents!).

Luckily it worked out and Ive been on the scheme for a year now.

There are a few other options open these days though, such as the Thomas Cook/OAT arrangement, or the Thomsonfly/FTE scheme, but the wings scheme is by far the biggest. You may as well give it a go.

If it doesn't happen you could work for a while to save money to go the modular route, or you could have a look into self-financing with OAT. They now have an arrangement with HSBC which could give you access to the required funding.

Good Luck

scroggs
17th Aug 2005, 08:43
Firstly: please do not post duplicate topics on multiple fora. You will find that any other copies of this question have been, or will be, deleted.

Secondly: CTC is a major training provider, and it is thus logical that it will have been discussed many times and at length. A simple search using the 'search' link at the top of the page will reveal several pages of topics about CTC.

Scroggs

davepearsall
17th Aug 2005, 14:03
Mooney - many thanks for the info, a great help and re-assuring to know someone in my position has been able to do it.

Sorry about the replication of topic. Sometimes it can be hard trying to find something that you specifically want to know about a subject, like in my case.

Feel free to delete this thread as I have found out all i wish to know.

BoeingMEL
18th Aug 2005, 05:00
Dave you have a PM. bm

davepearsall
18th Aug 2005, 22:23
BoeingMEL - many thanks