PDA

View Full Version : Doing an IR?

The Fin
15th Aug 2005, 11:26
Chaps, don't post often but thought this might be useful. I know that Multiflight and Exeter are the usual routes for fast-jet types to get multi and IR trg done and thought you may like an alternative. I just completed my IR with Triple A at Humberside. Mike Briggs is the owner/head of training and I can thoroughly recommend the outfit. It's much more cottage industry than the big schools, but you get 100% of his attention, tailored to your availability. He is an old school type who insists that things are done properly which is why he has such a good pass rate, although I think the spotty 'England owes me a living' croud probably wouldn't appreciate it!

I found the whole experience excellent and I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions if anyone is in the market for an IR right now.

Bob Viking
15th Aug 2005, 16:15
Fin.
Not in the market right now but could you possibly remember to start a similar thread in about ten years time?
That'd be great, thanks!
BV:E

EESDL
15th Aug 2005, 22:02
if you ever see pilots entering the hold and turning left, rather than the normal way, you can put some blame BVs way:-)
Just completed an IR(H) at Norwich (Bristows) where they have to stay out of BVs way with a left turn at the beacon.
It's not uncommon for such pilots to then depart down route and turn the wrong way during their IRT airways routing portion!
I was lucky, previous experience allowed me to stay in the Norwich hold!

Helicopters - Holds what's the world coming too?

PC7anyone?
16th Aug 2005, 13:44
I did my IR at Bristol in 01. Very proffessional set up if quite expensive. Resident examiner (ex Hercs I think). Craig Collins was my instructor, now the CFI I think. He was excellent and very good at tailoring the workload to your stengths and weakneses. They have a very good first time pass rate. If Exeter don't have room give them a call!