PDA

View Full Version : Loans for a Foreigner

FlyMD-12
14th Aug 2005, 23:51
Hi,

I just want to ask How to get loans to study avation to be a Com pilot ??? In any Country.

I'm 20 y.o., Graduated from High School (Natural Sciences).... Since I was 7 y.o and i want to be a Pilot.. :D

Thanks.

cosworth211
15th Aug 2005, 21:03
Would help if you told us a bit more........

Ie your origins, where you are now, where you want to train etc...

FlyMD-12
18th Aug 2005, 23:09
In any country (except the US). I don't live in Europe.....

I just have few thousands, not enough for anything:{ and my father refuse to give me a cent:sad:

Thanks.

hekokimushi
22nd Aug 2005, 10:22
well, almost the same question.

i am a british citizen but parents don't live in the UK. no house so no mortgage. Any possiblities to get a loan for an ATPL course?

I am a JAA-UK-PPL (A) now with 53hours TT. Any more economical and effective way to become an ATP? i see CTC scheme also require a bond. any scholarship or cadet sponsorship in the UK (like ones in CX and KA in HK)?

hekokimushi

scroggs
22nd Aug 2005, 14:05
I'm not in the banking industry, but I would have thought that the chances of getting a very large unsecured loan in a country not your own are extremely limited.

Banks want some guarantee that they will recover the money they have lent. Your word is not sufficient, particularly if you are able to disappear to another country where the bank would have no right of seizure of your assets in the case of non-repayment.

I would advise that you approach financial institutions in your own country unless you can offer substantial security in the country where you intend to undergo your training.

Scroggs

FlyMD-12
6th Sep 2005, 00:27
Credit Cards-----> I remembered a story of 19 y.o. who paid every thing using Credit Cards...... He didn't pay a Cent.

Can someone explane this to me pls????

I just have a normal ATM :p

Thanks.