PDA

View Full Version : Tranche 3 dates

c130jbloke
14th Aug 2005, 14:06
Does anybody know when the details for the latest round of mass stampedes are due to commence ? I just had an interesting conversation with someone at work about this, but I do not recall when the target fields are meant to be released.

Any spolling mistakes are jet lagged induced !

thanks,

C130JB

Biggus
15th Aug 2005, 11:06
While tranche 2 followed on from tranche 1 in indecent haste, in order to get enough people out in time, the gap between 2 and 3 is a whole year. Thus the dates for Tranche 3 should be:

Targets announced - approx Apr 06

Applications in by - end Jun 06

Redundancies announced - end Sep 06

Volunteers out - end Apr 07

Compulsaries out - end Sept 07

There was an earlier copy of 'U need to know' issued that had all these dates on, although they were said to be provisional at the time. However, I am sure someone out there can confirm/deny this.

On another issue. What does the RAF expect people who are made compulsary redundant to do - just carrying on working as normal? Surely the RAF can't expect them to have any goodwill left, or make any extra effort. In the civilian world they would be sent home to do gardening, and their access to all computer systems revoked instantly!

BEagle
15th Aug 2005, 15:54
Hence the proverb:

"When firing a bulldozer driver, first check that he hasn't got the keys....!"

16 blades
15th Aug 2005, 19:43
Any advanced rumours on what the target branches will be? Any ME pilots required?

16B

HOODED
15th Aug 2005, 20:33
Doubt it 16 blades they need pilots, it's engineers that are not required due to all the new self fixing ac on order.