PDA

View Full Version : ICAO SE IR to JAA ME IR

Liquorice Allsorts
14th Aug 2005, 11:21
Has anyone got any experience of converting an ICAO SE IR to a JAA ME IR without having a JAA ME rating?

Lasors mentions the following routes

Holders of an ICAO SE IR(A) wishing to obtain a JAR-FCL ME IR(A) will be Required to attend an approved IR(A) training provider. There are currently 3 allternative aproved courses of training
to obtain the JAR-FCL ME IR(A).

Applicants should consult with the IR training provider as to which course of training they have been approved to conduct:-

Option 1: Complete a minimum of 15 hours SE IR flight instruction, of which 5 hours may be in a FNPT 1 or 10 hours in a FNPT 2 or Flight Simulator. In addition, applicants must hold a multi-engine class rating and complete an additional 5 hours instrument flying instruction in multi-engine aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in a Flight Simulator or FNPT 2 and pass a ME
IR(A) Skill Test; or

Option 2: Complete a minimum of 13 hours ME IR flight instruction in a ME FNPT 2. In addition, applicants must hold a multi-engine class rating and complete at least 7 hours instrument flying instruction in multi-engine aeroplanes; or

Option 3: Complete a minimum of 15 hours ME IR instruction in a Multi-engine aeroplane (no instructional time will be allowed in a FNPT or
Flight Simulator).

Option 3 doesn't seem to mention needing a multi-engine class rating beforehand, whereas options 1 and 2 do. Does the multi-rating have to be done separately or is it included in the option 3 method of convertion?

Thanks in advance.

rjonli
15th Aug 2005, 13:48
Hey,
I am converting my IR from a SEP FAA one to JAA MEP IR now using option two as you mentioned (13hrs sim and 7 in the plane, which seems to be the best option if you ask me). However, I do have a JAA MEP rating (cpl), not sure how it will be if you need to get the MEP rating as well...??

Happy flying

Miss Aviator
6th Nov 2005, 11:56
Hi Rjonli,

Could you elaborate on where you are doing your conversion ? How much does it cost ?

Thank you,
Miss A.

deing
7th Nov 2005, 06:10
I did my ME /IR with Hubair in Belgium earlier this year, if you have a ICAO/Belgian SE/IR they have a course with 2hrs FNPT2 + 6hrs Twin (now DA42 used to be Seneca).
If you have a JAA SE/IR it is 5hrs FNPT2 + 6hrs DA42
No prior MEP rating is required, however it will depend upon your previous experience if you will be ready within this timeframe

Greetings,
Deing

Miss Aviator
7th Nov 2005, 10:11
Hi deing,

Thanks for that response. Was that very expensive ? I never thought of Belgium because I assumed they were going to be too expensive.

Cheers,
Miss A.

deing
8th Nov 2005, 10:52
Check www.hubair.net, the 11hr course costs 4966 Euro + the examcosts (aircraft rental and examinersfee, another 600-800 Euro)

Rgds,
Deing

Miss Aviator
8th Nov 2005, 22:18
Thanks for the quote, although, I think I should just finish what I started here.... Greece is still cheaper.

Cheers,
Miss A.