PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Fly GBAirways
12th Aug 2005, 18:13
Hello i found this website through a friend who flies for Excel Airways and he recommended it, i need some advice on becoming a pilot, my dream situation would be flying on the A320's for GB Airways, i saw in the paper that they have a captain who does just that at the age of 25 and co-pilots as young as 21, i found that fascinating.

I'm currently 16 and awaiting my GCSE results on the 25th of August, my plans are to go-to college study A-levels in Physics and Maths/Further Maths and then fingers crossed apply for the CTC-Mcalpine program.

My financial situation is that i could probably afford to get to the CPL stage but getting to a fATPL could be a huge problem so i'm really hoping on getting into one of the schemes such as CTC-Mcalpines.

All i'm asking for is some advice on other programs/schemes plus anything i can be doing to help minimize my chances of losing out on my dream, its the only thing i can think of doing in life so i'm fully motivated for it.
Many Thanks! Would also be great to hear from current BA/GBairways pilots! :)

G-SP0T
13th Aug 2005, 16:56
fly,
dont be confused about any o these "schemes" which talk about sponcership, the truth is tht you still pay or your training then work for a reduced wage. Intergrated courses normaly cost more than modular, ppl will/have talked all day about the best option, at the end of the day decide which route and school is best for you. go visit them, see how willing they are to talk to you.

You may also consider doing a trail lesson and see if flying is for you, id also surgest getting a class 1 medical b4 looking at any training schemes.

Check past mgs also as there is some good advice, but take it all with a pinch of salt as its only ppl like you and me who post it.

good look with the GCSE's...

Fly GBAirways
14th Aug 2005, 17:22
I took a trial lesson a few months ago and loved it, maybe will ask for more information from CTC, thanks for the well wishes.