PDA

View Full Version : Flight Instructing in Ireland

gazman21
12th Aug 2005, 18:03
Hi
Anybody know what the current situation is like with flight instructing in Ireland or even in europe? Im considering it as an option as I am getting closer to completing my CPL IR.Wondering whether to complete a JAA FI or a FAA FI (have JAA & FAA CPL) as I am currently in the US and there are lots of instructor jobs here

Thanks in advance
gazman21

conor_mc
14th Aug 2005, 11:13
Just a PPL stude so don't know too much about instructing jobs except to say that there was a notice up in the old coffee dock in Weston looking for instructors for National Flight Centre.

The coffee dock moved to the new terminal a few weeks back so don't know what the latest is on the instructor jobs, but give them a call and ask.

Simon_Sez
16th Aug 2005, 11:49
Good market for flying instructors and if you're willing to put in the hours and get up to Multi-IR Instructor level you'll be in a fantastic position to negotiate a good deal as there is a bit of a shortage of them out there...

At PPL and CPL level, PTC, NFC and Atlantic Flight Training in Cork all have a large number of students passing through the doors so the market is definitely there. Obviously America is a more lucrative market but if you wanna stay in Ireland I'd say your job prospects are good...

Simon.