PDA

View Full Version : English Proficiency Test

alohajec
11th Aug 2005, 06:13
The recent RT/PC this year requires us to all pass an "english proficiency test" to hopefully a Level 6 "expert" level. Does anyone know if this is a HKCAD requirement, ICAO requirement, or is it required by the Company?

Dang, I hope I pass bec. it's the only language I know! For those curious as to what it entails, a buddy of mine just went through it and he was just asked to talk openly about what he'd do if there was a fire in the cabin. Nothing too formal it seems.

Aloha.

404 Titan
11th Aug 2005, 06:39
alohajec

It's an ICAO requirement that the CAD is enforcing in HK.

bekolblockage
11th Aug 2005, 15:29
Correct. ICAO requirement from 2008 but some organisations starting testing of new recruits now.
Minimum Level 4 (on scale of 1 to 6) required by Pilots and ATC.

tamalai
12th Aug 2005, 00:20
However please note it is an ENGLISH test.............so you americans better start studying and learn how to pronounce the words properly ................................

such as:

route......tomatoe...................etc etc

:p :p

Hairy Chest
12th Aug 2005, 08:20
anti, multi, Iraq, Iran, nuclear, :p :} :p

and pls call it football that the world plays not the World Series played by 51 states.:O

Alpha Leader
12th Aug 2005, 09:31
Hairy Chest:

Unfortunately, some working class hooligans have hi-jacked the term "football" - maybe they can't pronounce soccer (or confuse it with an often-used swear word sounding similar but beginning with the letter "f").

Proper football, as we all know, is Rugby Union:}

BTW: it's called the The World Series because it was originally launched and sponsored by a newspaper called The World.

Hairy Chest
12th Aug 2005, 10:07
Fédération Internationale de Football Association

2006 FIFA World Cup Germany

highjacked ? hmmmmmm

alohajec
12th Aug 2005, 10:54
Yanks: "Status" - Queens: "Stay-tus"

Yanks: "Tuna" - Queens: "Tieu-na" (was actually debriefed on that one )

Yanks: "Schedule" - Queens: "Shed-ule" (When kids goto "school" do they ride a "shool-bus?")

;) :)

obgraham
25th Aug 2005, 07:30
Check again, Hairy: ain't no "World Series" in American football. (Pronounced, btw, "fooot-bowel")

Graham