PDA

View Full Version : JAA training Eastern Europe

broottmeenoo
10th Aug 2005, 22:25
To my fellow Europeans
I fly in the States and think about converting from FAA to JAA.
My best buddy did his conversion in Armenia which is a JAA candidate state only, but once it will be a full member his Armenian licence will turn fully JAA just with a written test on JAA regs.
From his FAA ATP, a written test in English was only needed , no flight test, very little waiting....
Anyhow, are there any ppruners with infos about JAA training in other countries as Latvia, Estonia, Romania or others...
I am looking for the cheapest/easiest deal around.
Thanks to all.
If needed more infos on Armenia, just ask...

ricky-godf
11th Aug 2005, 09:40
Hi
I guess that there is no easy way into the JAA world, and I really don't think that any JAA country wil recognize his licence, even when Armenia will be a JAA state.
That is because being JAA approved doesn't necessarily mean that other JAA country will accept your licence (mutual agreement) and for sure not if your friend didn't sit any of the ATPL examination.
If you are looking for a cheap way go possibly to Spain, but be very careful when spending your money...I know a lot of people in Italy who did their ATPL exams and then couldn't work in Europe because their licences were not fully recognized.
Cheers

broottmeenoo
11th Aug 2005, 21:47
Hi Ricky
Thanks for the info, where did you do your JAA? Spain?
Can you share infos about the cost, length of study??
I have some Russian background that is why I wanted some infos about eastern Europe but wherever will be fine if I can make it quick (if not cheap).
Cheers

ricky-godf
17th Aug 2005, 14:06
I am flying in the UK, not exactly the cheapest option, but I think the standards here are pretty high and there are many good flight school around!
Since you are an ICAO ATPL holder I would definitely suggest you to do your conversion here: first because you could do your ATPL studying distance learning (I don't think you would have this option anywhere else), there is also a UK CAA approved flight school in Florida doing this kind of course.(www.nacgroundschool.com)
I am not informed about the conversion route you would need, but a canadian F/O I met told me he was just going to do a sim check on the B737NG after the ATPL written test to get the JAA ATPL.
Cheers

Miss Aviator
6th Nov 2005, 13:50
Hi Broot...

I am currently converting in Greece and you can do distance learning with them too.

Portugal, Romania, and Slovenia are all approved to issue a JAR-FCL 1, whereas, Armenia is not... according to the JAA website:

http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/licensing_overview.html

So if anyone has any info on these three countries please post and let us know the deal.

Thank you,
Miss A.