PDA

View Full Version : Learjet Pilot wannabe

philip2004uk
10th Aug 2005, 15:22
Hi this is a stab in the dark and a very small question compared to what goes around in my head about what i want to do in life i have been contemplating everything looking into airline work and flight instructor but i've lost all that info and was just wandering basically well actually i'll list my question.

How easy is it for a u.k citizen to earn their licences and work on private jets?

How much from zero?

does it allow me to live in the u.s

Any other suggestions please

Thanks mucho

redsnail
10th Aug 2005, 17:18
The license to fly a bizjet is the same as flying an airliner. To be a captain of a bizjet (most of them any way) you'll need an ATPL of some sorts. JAA, FAA whatever. The license required is dependent on where the aircraft is registered.

A pilot's license doesn't have any thing to do with immigration. If you want to work in the US you'll need the appropriate visa/green card.

How people get jobs on bizjets is varied. Some, like Netjets do an interview not unlike an airline style interview, others you get the job because you're known to the operator and they like the look of you.
In other words, networking.

it's fun and very interesting flying.

philip2004uk
10th Aug 2005, 18:13
Yeah i like the close family working environment i know i couldnt get a work visa to work at walmart(not that i've tried) lets say but do you think its possible for me to live in the us.

redsnail
10th Aug 2005, 20:53
Sorry, I have absolutely no idea. Not an American, don't hold a green card.
That's something you'll have to research yourself.
It's under immigration... :D Good luck