PDA

View Full Version : JRRF Question

Neeps
9th Aug 2005, 14:32
I was just wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. I'm currently in the depths of revision for OASC. (branch choice pilot) I know that joint operations is something I need to know and have studied it. But I still have a question. The RAF is involved in the joint rapid reaction force, but to what degree? I know that the JRRF consists of Echelon 1 and 2 and their roles, but what role does the RAF play within that? What aircraft are deployable with the JRRF?

Thanks for any help.

Aynayda Pizaqvick
9th Aug 2005, 16:09
Well you already know more than me and I have been in just over 3 years now! Aren't Echelon 1 & 2 close formation postions?

UberPilot
9th Aug 2005, 16:31
The hardest question your likely to get asked is 'What fast Jets does the RAF have?' etc, nothing remotely hard or not in the glossy hand out.

Remember, the Interview is only one score out of nine that make up the final board score - personality and character account for much more than depth of knowledge.

Neeps
9th Aug 2005, 18:02
Well you already know more than me and I have been in just over 3 years now! Aren't Echelon 1 & 2 close formation postions?

Well I'm not quite at the formation sortie stage yet! ;)

As for not needing to know it... I know that there is a very small chance I will be asked it, but I don't mind how much the interview makes up out of the total score. I just read about the Joint Ops and I want to know about it, I'm curious and interested. I don't really want to be left wondering anything or have any blank spaces before I go, even if it's something I will never be asked. I don't know if that makes sense, but I am genuinely interested.

Aynayda Pizaqvick
9th Aug 2005, 21:01
Don't worry... we will soon kick it out of you when you get in. Best of luck!

Green Bottle 2
9th Aug 2005, 21:05
Neeps,

a bit of info here.

http://www.mod.uk/publications/whitepaper1999/chapter3.htm

I suspect that you will not get access to the detail as it will probably be classified. I think the other posters are cirrect in that you will not be asked for that detail.

Well done for taking the time to prepare yourself well - if you shpw a depth of knowledge, it will demonstrate to the board a degree of dedication that will count in your favour.

GB2

:ok:

Unmissable
9th Aug 2005, 22:20
In very simple terms - First echelon are the forces that go in first. Second echelon are the 'reinforcements' or those that are used to replace the first echelon when they are 'warn out'. The RAF contribute forces from across all disciplines to both first and second echelon forces. First echelon are held at a higher readiness.

You will probably find lots more detail if you search through the web, try mod.co.uk. I cannot say more since I am not sure how much is classified. However, in my experience a lot more information is available on the web that we (already in the forces)expect.

Unmissable

Training Risky
10th Aug 2005, 06:15
Not acceptable

Mad_Mark
10th Aug 2005, 06:39
Don't worry... we will soon kick it out of you when you get in. Best of luck!

Oh, so cynical for one that has been in sooooo long :rolleyes: Finished your training yet :E

MadMark!!! :mad:

Aynayda Pizaqvick
10th Aug 2005, 07:32
Hell no! As I said I've only been in 3 years which is barely enough to get half way through these days! All going well I should get to the frontline after about 5 1/2 years in!

TR...
Got to pass these long boring holds doing something. Reccommend any new 'material'?

Neeps
10th Aug 2005, 09:47
Neeps,

a bit of info here.

http://www.mod.uk/publications/whit...99/chapter3.htm

I suspect that you will not get access to the detail as it will probably be classified. I think the other posters are cirrect in that you will not be asked for that detail.

Well done for taking the time to prepare yourself well - if you shpw a depth of knowledge, it will demonstrate to the board a degree of dedication that will count in your favour.

GB2

Thanks for that GB2, after reading through it I'll go with the fact that the RAF contribute to the 100 combat aircraft used for the JRRF. I can probably work out which aircraft would be used in relation to their roles.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

You will probably find lots more detail if you search through the web, try mod.co.uk. I cannot say more since I am not sure how much is classified. However, in my experience a lot more information is available on the web that we (already in the forces)expect.

Unmissable

Thanks, I think looking at some of the mod sites that it will be classified. So I take it that the aircraft that make up Echelon 1 and 2 would be intergrated into \'regular\' squadrons?