PDA

View Full Version : Free I-Pods

devonianflyer
4th Aug 2005, 10:03
For any one thats interested, this appears to be a genuine offer and has been featured on BBC newsnight as such!

Just thought I'd share the wealth!

DF

Secret Squire
4th Aug 2005, 10:34
Has anyone received an ipod from this? if so - surly there is a catch? there is with every other give away like this.

Cheers

SS

Kestrel_909
4th Aug 2005, 11:10
If it appears too good to be true, then it usually is!

Only reason I looked at this and clicked the link is because devonianflyer isn't newly registered in Augusut 2005 :cool:

devonianflyer
4th Aug 2005, 12:19
I got this from my brother. He got it at uni and knows of a couple people who have managed to recieve them.

I've gone for the DVD offer, as i buy DVD's each month anyway, and i thought i might as well get an i-pod out of it.

DF

Secret Squire
4th Aug 2005, 13:18
presumably it relies on you refering 8000 people or somethign equally daft?

devonianflyer
4th Aug 2005, 13:28
depends on the i-pod you want.

5 for a 20Gb or 9 for a mini i believe!

DF

PPRuNe Radar
4th Aug 2005, 16:20
'Free'

but only if you comply with the following:

4. Eligibility for Receiving a Free Item for Referral-based websites

(a) For this particular website, freeiPods.com, users must do the following to be eligible to get approval to receive their free product:

i. Complete and get credit for at least one offer themselves.

ii. Refer at least 5 unique people who join and also correctly complete an offer under the terms listed in this document.

(b) After a user signs up with our website and successfully completes an offer, they must get 5 people to also sign up with our website and successfully complete an offer to get their free item. In order to connect these referrals to the original user, we issue this user a unique link to our offer site, which they must then distribute to the intended parties. Thus, the user is entirely responsible for all communications regarding our offer sites. At no point during the offer process does Gratis Internet send out any communications on the user's behalf to encourage such signups to occur.

And I don't think its fair that devonianflyer uses his personal referral link to take anyone interested to the site. That's doing exactly what this lot want and advise ... namely for people to swamp Bulletin Boards, websites, emails, etc, with their address and offer. Viral marketing.

Secret Squire
5th Aug 2005, 21:34
I don't see the problem - I hope devonian flyer has got a free ipod.

All's fair in love and war et al... it is afterall nothing offensive or invasive...

just my £0.02

SS