PDA

View Full Version : NEW SWISS AVRO RJ's

Dash-7 lover
3rd Aug 2005, 21:49
I see from other threads that SWISS may be obtaining second hand Avro RJ aircraft from Turkish. Isthis still the case or are they sourcing from other locations . . . . ?

ettore
6th Aug 2005, 21:33
Yeap! Great Britain!

MarkD
7th Aug 2005, 03:29
ettore

if you mean BACX I thought the swap for EMBs was a dead duck?

madmax100
7th Aug 2005, 07:29
Chaps, confirmed yesterday by a v.good source - BACX, LH are "still" talking about swapping some RJ's for options on the swiss Emb170's.

False Capture
7th Aug 2005, 08:50
A deal is being finalised regarding 6 BACX RJ100s going to SWISS as replacements for their 7 SAAB 2000s which are being retired in November. These are rumoured to be the younger RJ100s which are almost 5 years old (leases up for renewal?) and not the oldest ones which have recently been repainted.

This will result in BACX retaining 2 BAe146s (IOM and INV bases) and unfortunately, 6 routes (5 from MAN and 1 from BHX) being dumped.

This also explains why BACX aren't too concerned with the mass exodus currently taking place whilst they still offer voluntary redundacy. Some secondees to the MAN RJ fleet have been told by BA that "all secondees who have bid to return could be back by November".

The RJ EDI base isn't going to be as large as originally envisaged in the 2005-6 Business Plan.

All this will be announcement on Thursday 11 August.

Generally sounds like doom and gloom, however, the management are quite optimistic. Could this have something to do with the EMB170?;)

Dash-7 lover
8th Aug 2005, 21:30
False Capture,

My thought's exactly. I've had word on the EMB170 options that Swiss were going to take but then were unable to finance until their new parent (LH) stepped in to cover the costs. The LX options then became LH options which they had no intention of taking and ties in with another rumour that the deal maybe via LH and not LX. It will also cover the future of LCY .

no doubt after Thursday we'll all be totally wrong!!