PDA

View Full Version : Who's the busiest?

bowly
3rd Aug 2005, 13:25
Having viewed this forum for a few years, and judging from the present threads, I have compiled the following list which determines, according to me, who has the most time on their hands to surf Pprune and who therefore must not be doing any work........

Starting with the worst offenders:

1. Helicopter Aircrew

a. RN/Army on a par although the RN are particularly un-busy at the moment. Must be lamenting the loss of Invincible.
b. RAF

2. Blunties

3. Multi-engine Aircrew (does not include Northolt as they are too busy ferrying Beckett around on freebies)

a. C-130 Aircrew
b. Anyone from Brize

4. Fast-jet

a. Engineers
b. Harrier pilots
c. Navigators
d. All other FJ pilots

Regards and discuss

Bowly (FJ front-seat obviously! But on ground-tour so excused)

No doubt there will be no replies to this for fear of being labelled!!

maxburner
3rd Aug 2005, 13:47
I predict that this will rapidly escalate into a rant on the loss of the SHAR.

(Submitted in a slack moment)

Bob Viking
3rd Aug 2005, 13:50
Felt like I had to be the first to reply.
I'm currently plugged into the back of a VC-10 at FL200 and typing this on my new palm sized computer. I would write more but I'm awfully busy!
BV:ok:

Roguedent
3rd Aug 2005, 13:51
Fast Jet Aircrew etc, are too busy pampering themselves and talking about how good they are to the mirror to Pprune:ok: :ok: :cool:

Hanse Cronje
3rd Aug 2005, 15:21
BV,

is it not a touch warm for you this time of year? Echoes of Incirlik an all? Anyone recently used all the runway at MAUW? :}

You lucky b***** you found the only working VC10, thats right all the others are on pprune!

Mad_Mark
3rd Aug 2005, 15:27
You'll probably find that helo and multi-engine (well C130 and Nimbat) types are extreemly busy.

The reason the crews seem to post more often on here is that they are away from home more and so spend more of their 'down time' between flights, when not sleeping, in the Internet cabins.

Back home I spend a fraction of the time on here that I do when away.

MadMark!!! :mad:

Bigtop
3rd Aug 2005, 17:21
Obviously the further down the list you go the more blonde you become.

Helo crews - rugged, tossled, multi tasking capable etc etc
FJ's - blonde, good looking, always checking the mirror but can't walk down the street and chew gum!!!

Taking cover.......

diginagain
3rd Aug 2005, 17:51
tossled

Rugged yes, chunky even, but I've never been tossled before.

Or is it some kind of sport?

seven4mankind
3rd Aug 2005, 19:16
Aaaah... tousled!
Rotary boys, agreed, hair longer, slight curl, very Jonny Wilkinson circa 2005.
FJ crew are never tousled. It's always either fair, spiky, side burns, or dark, spiky, sideburns, or completely bald.

:O

diginagain
3rd Aug 2005, 19:22
Or might he mean toss-led.
Certainly been that.

Impiger
5th Aug 2005, 18:23
There was a time when RAF SH crews were generally acknowledged by all to be the busiest. At the same time their PVR rate was the lowest of any discernable RAF Tribe. As one crewman put it to me over a coffee in a tent in the corner of wood - no bl**dy time to fill in the forms sir!

4fitter
5th Aug 2005, 19:37
Dear Bowly

Have been far too busy to check your profile, therefore unsure of aircrew and hierharchical status. Apologies for being tardy.

Got to work at silly o-clock and logged on. Loads of e-mails. Decided that all girls netball seemed nice at the time but I'd better give it a miss. Next e-mail demanded the impossible but heh, its Friday so get the boys and girls running around. Check PPrune for latest pensions update because I don't believe my PBS and the calculator is giving spurious info. Answer the phone and discuss what to do about one of my v naughty boys. Check Jet Blast - damn, Beags is there as well. Call from the wife asking the impossible but consoled because I'll come home early. Hear a charge and send a little scrote to Colly - Oh how I feel so powerful. Make sure that WEBF isn't banging on about SHAR. Grovel on the phone to my boss. Seek solace from Mil Aircrew that I'm not the first and certainly won't be the last. Consider the wisdom of some of those who have been in, are in and bollock the contractor for not cleaning my desk.

Time on hands. No, useful management of time. I've saved so much time considering the views and opinions that even discounting 98% of the drivel, my job has been made easier.

Without wishing to be stereotyped, I'm bred in ME but empathetic with rotary and presently teaching. Thank you PPrune for saving me time.

4f :ok:

Foobar
5th Aug 2005, 20:25
Tossled. We do a lot of that in rotary, good for morale.

PPRuNeUser0211
6th Aug 2005, 14:56
Clearly those with the most time on their hands are our gentleman "officers on a course" who are currently "in-between courses" i.e. holding in the pipeline ad infinitum. Anyone know what the all time record for holding is?

Pierre Argh
6th Aug 2005, 19:13
What about those Kno...people going on and on and on and on and on in another thread about one ocassion when a Typhoon caught a couple of F15s knapping.... judging by the amount written, they're not in the least bit busy?

Gotta go... I'm just about out of crew duty time.

Biggus
7th Aug 2005, 10:01
What about those who go on and on and on and on and on and on in another thread about the withdrawl from service of the SHAR!!!