PDA

View Full Version : SSSA in London

Cumbrian Fell
1st Aug 2005, 21:07
Hi PPruners. I am new to this and have been posted to MB wef 1 Sep 05 but have decided to seek lodgings under the SSSA scheme in London. Would welcome any advice on areas, sharing etc - I will be a weekday batchelor and commuting on Mon/Fri - but would like a pad big enough fror Mrs Cumbrian Fell and the 2 felletes to stay from time to time.

Another option is to move en famile to London - what patch is recommended - especially critical is primary schooling. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers

maxburner
2nd Aug 2005, 10:19
See your PMs. MB

Aeronut
2nd Aug 2005, 11:04
Cunbrian Fell

Check PMs

SirToppamHat
2nd Aug 2005, 12:15
Cunbrian Fell

Whilst I have no experience of this myself, a singly mate was posted to MoD a few months ago, and was told that he would have to live at Uxbridge (IIRC). Fortunately for him, he was aware that the rules had changed regarding the distance they can require you to travel each day. He now lives in relative luxury in a flat somewhere near Canary Wharf, but pays charges along the lines of those in the mess.

I am not quite sure how this applies to 'bean-stealers' (no offence meant), but I can't see why it should be different.

As far as moving the family down there, give DHE (are they still called that?) a ring and see what they say - I doubt you will get FQs anywhere near Strike, but White Waltham may be an option. You might also try Biggin Hill, where I have known people get surplus FQs.

Good Luck!

STH