PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Logo

MonarchA330
31st Jul 2005, 19:37
Evening all,

Am planning to have a night out soon to celebrate a certain aviation related personal success and 20 of us are hitting town in a pilots and cabin crew dress up theme...

What I want to do is make badges for everyone, using the font and style of the Virgin logo to 'make' my own airline.

Does anyone happen to know what font the 'virgin atlantic' is writen in, or if not, any way in which I could make a decent looking badge like this including the tail with my name on.

Thanks very much in advance!

M330

Coconutty
2nd Aug 2005, 09:06
Here's a link to a Virgin logo - you could use it in a Word document or Graphics package to add your names and then print them out, laminate them, stick safety pins on the back and away you go .....

Virgin Logo (http://www.itnews.sk/buxus_dev/images/virgin_logo.jpg)

... just ask Richard B. for permission first so you don't breach his copywrite :rolleyes:

BRL
2nd Aug 2005, 09:20
Use Paintshop Pro or Photoshop, red background, select a wide brush or the spray can and try doing your own. :)

MonarchA330
2nd Aug 2005, 17:45
Thanks for the link, Coconutty and thanks BRL for you idea. I just thought that someone may know the actual font Virgin use so I can write out an original new badge!

Please keep your ideas coming!!
Thanks very much
M330

Cornish Jack
3rd Aug 2005, 17:28
Go to one of the Virgin stores and find a sympathetic sales assistant. Ask said SSA for one or more poly bags for CD sales. They have a splendid colour logo on the outside. When cut out, they made excellent tail fin logos on a mock up 'aircraft' we made for an in-house party.:ok:

MonarchA330
5th Aug 2005, 15:05
Awesome, thanks alot guys!!
Your help is much appreciated!
M330