PDA

View Full Version : Wyton families day

red 5
29th Jul 2005, 18:06
Interesting day at wyton today some excellent flying and the weather was great. The C-17 tac display was a pleasant surprise, i guess that was the first time a C-17 has landed at wyton
Thankyou to the organisers.Photos here
www.ukar.co.uk

BEagle
29th Jul 2005, 18:58
Darn right - a great day out indeed!

Flew over from the Covert Oxonian Aerodrome in one of my little black aeroplanes this morning, then had a great time both with the RAF's premier UAS and also with god son + RAF mum and dad. Back home in the afternoon after watching excellent F3, Jag and C-17 displays. Jag was most impressive, particularly the high-AoA stuff - can't be easy!

Thanks very much indeed to all involved!

And if the daft tw@t who penned the yet-to-be-released UAS future policy paper had been there, he would have been nailed to the ground and force-fed the truth. Any threat to the current UAS system should be considered to be a criminally irresponsible act.....

Duplo
29th Jul 2005, 20:09
The UAS flying system has had its day... time to move on BEagle I'm afraid.. the money just isn't there...

Dupe's

BEagle
29th Jul 2005, 20:30
Horse$hit. The UAS world costs peanuts....

Wheras its value is incalculable.

Unless you are a beancounting ar$ehole who knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

FJJP
29th Jul 2005, 20:54
Must trim the trees in me garden. Heard a lot of noise, got the odd glimpse [inc the Reds - very impressive]. Glad everybody had a good time. Pity the jet noise disturbed me quiet G & T afternoon enjoying the sunshine!

Long live the UASs...

sparkie
29th Jul 2005, 21:48
Top marks all round, thoroughly enjoyed the day, pity the a/c were cordoned off but I guess that was down the increased alert state.

C17 was impressive, took a couple of pics and if I can figure out how to post them will do so.
Point to note for next years organisers, can we have a P/A system that tells you what is happening re the flying programme, was just about to bite into a burger and ask when the Red Arrows were due when....whooooosh there they went!"

Beags

What a pity we didnt meet up, would have liked to swap a few words on the 'good old days'

McDuff
30th Jul 2005, 08:34
"Horse$hit. The UAS world costs peanuts....

Wheras its value is incalculable.

Unless you are a beancounting ar$ehole who knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing."

I'm not sure that you have made your meaning totally clear there BEagle, but I think I can work it out ... ;-)

I had a young pair of relatives there to visit. The 13-year old boy enjoyed the ac and the gizzits; the 16-year old girl was very interested to see the boys.

And none of you chaps came over to say hello - to the best of my knowledge.

cb

Duplo
30th Jul 2005, 11:04
BEagle

Hook, line and sinker...! That was so easy...!

Dupe's

Michael Edic
31st Jul 2005, 23:22
Totally concur, a cracking day.

McDuff
I'm not surprised your second cousin/cousin once removed (never understood the extended family heirachy) enjoyed the boys considering the calibre of the fine young Plt Offs she had to talk to!!

Long live the UAS, especially the Capital Air Wing

Mike