PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming Sim Nervs

WHITE XXXX
29th Jul 2005, 14:16
I'm after some advice on overcoming nervs in the sim. I've got 3000 tt, 1800 night and yet the other day i had a sim for an airline job & couldn't remember which way to turn to intercept a radial. Which is something i do everyday without really thinking!!!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

flighttime2.0
29th Jul 2005, 17:40
Drink a bottle of whiskey before you go into the sim and you will be so relaxed it will be just like another day on the job..flighttime

WHITE XXXX
29th Jul 2005, 18:32
Thanks flighttime2.0
Your response is what went through mine, and most probably every other persons head who read this post before you. But your the first one to actually write it........... Maybe that's because everyone else realised how unfunny and unoriginal that would be. Oh sorry, everone but you.

RobertFL
29th Jul 2005, 19:24
white
dont blame flightime he is just irish they all drink all the time :)

RYR-738-JOCKEY
29th Jul 2005, 20:54
No. He's norwegian and they all drink karsk overthere. Coffee and homemade liquor. Hence the responce.

White, my first question would be, do you feel comfortable with the sim cockpit? Or is it a hostile environment givin you the creeps once you sit down...because I know several who really hate it because they correlate it to stress. Because of all the failures and whatnot they\'ve experienced before. One thing I do every time is that I simply try to focus on something that is positive, my hobbies or nice weather or whatever comes into my mind. And then I just keep on targeting that one good thought whenever my mind tries to think of any stressful. In the sim itself, I use every possibility to just relax for a sec by focusing on a point outside of the cockpit, whenever I can. I bet you know the three basic rules, Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. Take one thing at-a-time, when you mention problems with intercepting radials, I think you are focusing on several things at the same time. You know how it works, then keep it simple. Don\'t think any further than the problem you have ahead.
However if you maybe need to freshen up on the basic\'s then do so...read the theory. Never come unprepared, try to simplify things and think positive as much as you can. And the most important is that the sim won\'t kill ya even if you mess things up big time.
Say after me: IT\'S NOT REAL, IT\'S NOT REAL, IT\'S NOT REAL.
I hope it works out for you..