PDA

View Full Version : Running office 97

Hufty
29th Jul 2005, 13:17
Hi there I was wondering if anybody knows if I can run my copy of office 97 on a machine that is running Windows 2000 or XP?

My old laptop died and I will eventually need to replace it but I didn't want to spend any money on new office software if I can avoid it!

Many thanks,

Hufty.

Binoculars
29th Jul 2005, 15:08
No problems at all Hufty. I've been using trusty Office 97 since it came out, from 95 through 98 to XP, (still using it!) and there are no compatibility issues at all. :ok:

Conan the Librarian
29th Jul 2005, 16:49
Office 97 was a corker - think the SBE edition also had MS Publisher too. Might still have a copy somewhere.

As has been said, absolutley no probs whatsoever running with XP or its' brethren. It may be a bit old, but providing you enjoy working in Latin, you should be fine...

Conan

Mac the Knife
29th Jul 2005, 18:52
No probs - runs fine

Best to install the service releases - SR1 and SR2B

If you can't get 'em pm me and we'll make a plan.

PS: Have you considered using OpenOffice - http://www.openoffice.org/ - instead? It's free, actually more powerful than Office 97 and very compatible.

Hufty
31st Jul 2005, 16:44
Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. Mac - thanks for the offer - a friend of mine who is way more pc literate than I has got those for me so all will be well!

Thanks - HUFTY