PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help:icao Cpl(a)\ir To Uk Cpl(a)\ir

bufe01
29th Jul 2005, 06:32
HELLO,
I’M APPLYING TO SOME UK AIRLINES AND GOING THROUGH ASSESMENTS.
I HOLD AN ICAO FROZEN ATPL (ITALIAN CAA CPL(A)\IR+ATPL THEORY), I WAS TOLD BY ITALIAN CAA THAT IF I CONVERT MY CPL INTO A JAA CPL I WILL LOSE THE ATPL THEORY AND I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT AND LOOSE TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY FOR A JAA FROZEN ATPL COURSE.
MY QUESTION FOR YOU IS CAN I CONVERT MY CPL INTO A UK CPL AND WORK AS A F\O FOR A BRITISH COMPANY WAITING TO TAKE MY EXAMINATION FOR ATPL WITH ITALIAN CAA? IF SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP

Irv
1st Aug 2005, 08:43
Assuming Italy hasn't become 'JAA' since I last looked, the answer is "NO".

As you haven't got lots of real practical flightdeck hours as an ATPL/IR, to be employable by a UK airline, you really need to do:

the JAA ATPL ground school and examinations

sufficient JAA CPL training for your training organisation to say you are ready for the JAA CPL flight skills test (and then pass it)

15 hours minimum JAA I/R training and JAA I/R test

Multi Crew Cooperation Course

ps: remember you are not 'SWAPPING' your ratings and licences, you still keep your Italian ones and get the JAA ones as well.

BillieBob
1st Aug 2005, 12:19
bufe01 - You cannot convert your Italian licence to a UK licence because such a thing no longer exists. The UK issues only JAA licences (apart from the NPPL, but that hardly counts) and you would still have to pass all of the JAA theoretical knowledge examinations to get a UK-issued JAA licence.

Irv - Italy has now been re-accepted as a full member of the JAA with mutual recognition of licences.

Skybound330
3rd Aug 2005, 19:38
Perhaps its better to wait a little bit and see what's going to happen in Italy (perhaps it will go the same way as here ?):
In my country (The Netherlands) it is now possible to change your national license into JAR-FCL (by means of a profcheck) and taking the ATPL theory with you. You will only lose ATPL credit 7 years after your last IR profcheck.
National licenses are not issued anymore here altough some people still fly on them.
Obviously, once you have the JAR-FCL, it's possible to convert to another CAA JAR-FCL.

good luck!