PDA

View Full Version : Remote access to e-mail

The SSK
28th Jul 2005, 14:53
I can access my work e-mail from home through MS Outlook Web Access, ie through https://mail.url1.url2 followed by my username and password. This brings up what looks pretty much like a standard Outlook screen with the folder list down the left and the message list on the main screen.

For a few days now it’s been opening up to the point where the folder list appears (correctly, with the number of unread messages against the appropriate folders) but the main screen shows ‘loading…’ for a few seconds then dies, and a message ‘Error on page’ appears in the bar at the bottom. If I switch from Inbox to any of the other folders it still won’t display any messages.

I have a nasty feeling the problem is in my PC and not the system.

The IT folks at work are being less than useless. In a week’s time I’m off for three weeks and I can see myself having to go in every few days just to clean the accumulated sh*t out of my inbox – not a job I could ask one of the girls to do for me. The real work-related messages, of course, can wait until the end of the holidays.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Conan the Librarian
28th Jul 2005, 15:00
Can't you go direct to the ISP website and access webmail from there? More ISPs do than don't these days, so it might be worth checking.

Cheers,

Conan