PDA

View Full Version : F100 Alignment Dist

Mzee
27th Jul 2005, 11:38
Having difficulty getting head around JAR-OPS 1.490(c)(6) Alignment Distance lost in TODA, ASDA and TORA during line-up. The maths is ok but not having all the a/c data that the calculations require is hampering my efforts. All I'm after is distance lost in 90deg r'way entry and 180deg turn.
If there is anyone out there with the data or even better the answers! I would be most grateful.

oldebloke
27th Jul 2005, 19:59
General use is 200'(by the time you've straigthened out)..
cheers:ok:

mutt
28th Jul 2005, 14:23
200 feet for a F100? Thats more than we use for a B744!

Mutt

oldebloke
28th Jul 2005, 17:59
Quite right Mutt,200' was the distance initially used when the'lineup'question first arose in the 70's..Australia is the only country that stipulate the remaining Toda etal after lineup..
I always had the tailfeathers over the lights after the turn in the 320(when needed)..
Isn't there that diagram page in the airframe section of the the AFM to show the turn Radiii?
Cheers

:ok:

john_tullamarine
29th Jul 2005, 00:56
The Oz stuff dates back to the original lineup allowances negotiated for QF, copies of which correspondence I have on file.

While the basic approach is conservative, it is not excessively so and, if my recollection serves me correctly, there is no consideration given to lining up on the centreline ... so it would appear that the 200ft thing is a bit over the top conservative wise ...

Mzee
1st Aug 2005, 11:10
Thanks for the help, I've at last managed to get the technical data and after using the JAR-OPS fomula I get the following distances that need to be respectively subtracted from the available:

Runway Entry 90º 180º

TODA and TORA 29ft 64ft
ASDA 74ft 109ft

A lot shorter than 200ft - any comments?

mutt
7th Aug 2005, 03:47
Certainly sounds better than 200ft...

Anyway this is the way it should be calculated.

TORA/TODA
90° Entry
Rm + X

180° Entry
Rn + Y

ASDA
90° Entry
Rm + X + Wb

180° Entry
Rn + Y + Wb

Where:
X = Safety distance of outer main wheel during turn to the edge of runway.
Y = Safety distance of outer nose wheel during turn to the edge of runway.
Rm = radius of turn of outer main wheel
Rn = radius of turn of outer nose wheel
Wb = Wheel Base

Good Luck.

Mutt

Bumz_Rush
7th Aug 2005, 06:25
Must be the hoildays...(Eid)....where do you get all your information from.....

My ex chief captain wanted to use reversers.......

Bumz