PDA

View Full Version : PUS Vision

Airdrop Charlie
27th Jul 2005, 07:24
Imagine my excitement as I read the inspiring words of Sir Kevin Tebbit:

"Underlying all of our vision, strategy and targets is investment in our people. Everyone will be closely affected by the People Programme. As it is introduced, we are providing a better deal for each individual within the Department. Simpler, clearer, quicker and more accessible people services will provide the information and tools our people need to manage their careers. There is a clearer focus on practical career advice, personal development tools, and opportunities for progression that are objective and transparent."

Ah, I thought, at last the message has reached the highest peaks, now we shall see some real change and experience genuine interest in us as professionals, pivotal to the success of HM Armed Forces. Of course this was short lived as I quickly realised this was addressed to the civil service!!!

Oggin Aviator
27th Jul 2005, 07:39
He should have just said:

"Underlying all of our vision, strategy and targets is investment in chairs."

maxburner
27th Jul 2005, 12:57
There's barely an organisation anywhere that does not have a 'mission vision statement blah' and they all include something like....'Our people are our greatest asset .................snore.' It does not really mean a thing.

WE Branch Fanatic
27th Jul 2005, 13:15
Investment in people - hmmm. How come the RN's training budget (sorry, don't know about the other Services) has been cut this year? By 8% I think, or was it 18%

DSAT Man
27th Jul 2005, 19:39
I tried to log myself in to the new HRMS (loudly trumpeted by the civil service as the way forward for looking after our people) so that I could report my civvies' s sick leave etc. You have first to phone London and get a log-in identity and password. Sorry, they said, we don't have you listed here as a line manager.

That's 5 less reports to write per year then!

uncivilservant
28th Jul 2005, 21:24
Of course this was short lived as I quickly realised this was addressed to the civil service!!!
---------------------------------------------------------

Any joy would have been even shorter lved if you were a civil servant!

Translated: "We are cutting thousands of civil service jobs, whilst increasing the workload of the department. We will make civil servants work more years for their pension, but reduce the amount they get. To provide stability, we are removiing virtually any chance of promotion for the next three years. To improve the lot of line managers we will make them do all the tasks previously undertaken by Personnel (sorry - "HR"), on top of their day jobs. This will be made easier by HRMS, an IT system totally incapable of doing the job it was procured for - but we've spent millions on it so it must be good. And to ensure total disenchantment, we are retaining the pay "bonus" system which is hated by everybody but which has been such an outstanding success in demotivating previously loyal workers. But I'm retiring soon, so **** the lot of you. Yours, Kev"

Talking Radalt
28th Jul 2005, 22:18
How come the RN's training budget (sorry, don't know about the other Services) has been cut this year? By 8% I think, or was it 18%
Bollox, just call it 80% and be done with it!