PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Training Per Hour In The Uk???

TJF97
25th Jul 2005, 12:29
I'm just interested to know where the cheapest place to learn in the UK is??

I'll start off with:

PA28 Dual instruction £110

C152 Dual instruction£100

Anyone beat these??

Cheese

TJF97

trainer too 2
25th Jul 2005, 14:15
In my world it is more interesting to look for the best. As that generally saves you more...... So look for best schools/clubs!

richarjm
25th Jul 2005, 15:10
Moray Flying club in Scotland. Excellent instructors, great scenery and good reliable aircraft with very good avionics. Also you get to be in circuit with real fast stuff. good experience:-) Did my PPL and much hour building there and have been very pleased. These prices recently increased due fuel hikes! Used to be cheap as chips! Still pretty good

AIRCRAFT Hourly HIRE TRAINING
Cessna 152 £73.50 £91.50
Cessna 172 £87 £104
Piper PA 28 Warrior £91 £109

NB. No landing fees at kinloss as RAF base.

metar
25th Jul 2005, 15:50
Tayflite at Scone, Perth in Scotland were doing 90 quid an hour for a C152.

cosworth211
25th Jul 2005, 17:06
Bit off topic, as not training prices, but you can hire a turbulent from www.tigerclub.co.uk for £49 an hour, cheap way to build hours (though its not much of a cross country machine)

TJF97
25th Jul 2005, 18:41
In my world it is more interesting to look for the best. As that generally saves you more...... So look for best schools/clubs!

I have got to totally agree with you on this, I've lost count the amount of times I've down the cheap option road and lived to regret it!! I was just trying to come up with a reasonable compromise.

The only reason I started this thread is so all my options have been covered, I'm fully aware that it works out cheaper to do the PPL in the states. I just wanted a rough idea of different cost's in the UK.

It seems the cheapest rates are in Scotland but the time I pay out for a PPL there including accommodation and flights I might as well go to the States.

It seems to be alot more expensive to train in and around London, damn why was I born a soft southerner!!!:{

G-DANM
25th Jul 2005, 19:36
The cheapest hour building I know of is BCT at Kemble who offer a share in a C150 for £2000 plus a monthly maintenance fee of £35. The aircraft is then hired at £35 per hour wet including landing at Kemble. If you fly 100 hours in 3 months that works out at £36 per hour, which for the UK I would be suprised if anyone can beat that.