PDA

View Full Version : JAA/FAA Training In Florida

jamielatham
25th Jul 2005, 11:59
Hi;

I am trying to find all the schools in Florida that offer both JAA and FAA as one course, i have found Naples Air Center, but i want to find more and compare them...

Thanks

Jay

Keygrip
25th Jul 2005, 12:37
They ALL do.

There's no such thing, in reality, it's just a case of doing your flying training with them - to include all aspects of both the FAA and the JAA requirements - with two sets of written examinations and two sets of flight tests with two examiners.

There are no dual rated examiners yet - so you need to fly with both. I've heard it said that some FAA guys will sit in the back on your JAA test and examine you from the back seat at the same time. Not very professional - and I wonder what would happen if one guy said you passed, but the other said you didn't.

wessexairways
27th Jul 2005, 00:07
Wessex here,

I am currently doing my hours at Orlando Flight training Kissimmee Gateway airport.

They are not bad, I have been clocking 7 hours per day.

Their Aircraft are all in good shape, basic, clean but well maintained, instructors are mostly excellent and accomodation is at the ramada or apartments close by, with a courtsey shuttle laid on.

FBO is good with excellent data for wx and briefing etc.

On the down side the Chief Instructor is very disorganised and has just started a new computerised system for aircraft slots which is not much cop.

Overall rating 8/10

Any more info about the place just pm me.

Regards

WA

busz
27th Jul 2005, 08:27
Hey Wessex, I went to OFT 2 years ago. Got my PPL 2 years ago yesterday actually!!!

Hows things there?? I bet all of the instructors that were then when i was training have moved on! Is David DeBerry still the CFI?? Is Giles still there with his Porsche?

Please let me know if there is anyone there whos been there for longer than 2 years!!:O

Regards

Alex

P.s Shame Mimmi Salo left, awesome instructor!