PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta 1

P.Pilcher
22nd Jul 2005, 14:58
My copy of Microsoft's anti spyware programme (Beta 1) continues to insist that it expires at the end of the month but so far I can find no information on the Microsoft sites that I have tried as to what to do to update it. On two occasions I have seen small notifications inviting me to update my version, but despite using these nothing seems to have happened. Naturally I have fully updated the programme which assures me that the latest spyware definitions and software are installed. Anyone know what is going on?

P.P.

Phoenix09
22nd Jul 2005, 16:26
One of the updates changed the expiry date on mine to the 31st December 2005.

Conan the Librarian
22nd Jul 2005, 16:53
mine has auto updated with a new iteration in the last few weeks

Conan

maxell
22nd Jul 2005, 16:55
just checked and mine is now 31st Dec 2005

dazdaz
22nd Jul 2005, 17:42
Same with me, have just upgraded.. to 31Sept 2005 works a treat 'live status' It's free and works brill. Although, I heard wisper that MS may charge for this in the near future. And hey don't forget.......If you read the terms and conditions for Beta1 Beta=test program and if things go tit over ass MS have no responsibility with the software.

But on the whole, works good.

P.Pilcher
22nd Jul 2005, 20:02
Thanks for the replies: My copy hasn't changed and I still only have 9 days to go. Maybe my Adwatch or Spyware Blaster is stopping the updating programmes from altering the Microsoft software. Anyway, I supose I'll just have to wait until the 30th. and if it then stops working, I can always delete it and upload it again from the Microsoft site.

P.P.