PDA

View Full Version : east herts

chutneyferret
22nd Jul 2005, 13:14
anybody know anything about the flying school behind the "do you want to become a flying instructor" advert in pilot and flyer?

unfazed
23rd Jul 2005, 19:14
Chutneyferret

Unfortunately many good instrucors have passed through this establishment but none stay very long. There have been many negative posts so take my advice and steer well clear.

There are some great places to learn the art of instruction but this is definitely not one of them !!!!

I speak from personal experience (luckily for me only a few weeks were wasted and no money)

porridge
23rd Jul 2005, 19:24
Absolutely - keep clear of this place as Unfazed quite rightly says. A search will be very revealing on previous comments about this place.
If you do take up the offer you will end up being very competent in Toilet Cleaning, cutting up firewood, burning rubbish, gardening, lawnmowing, harrassing the local community by low flying, vacuuming the schoool, cleaning & dusting, washing up, making the owner tea, fetching and carrying etc, etc. You'll probably also learn to deal with people with super-inflated ego's too and some other very right- wing bigoted views on middle eastern affairs.

chutneyferret
24th Jul 2005, 08:46
cheers for the heads up - taken on board.

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Jul 2005, 09:32
I almost accepted a job there. I've had a very enjoyable instructing career.

Cheers