PDA

View Full Version : CX pay rise??

BBN RADAR
22nd Jul 2005, 10:10
Hi everyone, just a quick one....

Back in May there was a post in which a few of you CX guys said that you were expecting a pay rise in the order of 12-15%.
ie. rather significant. It was expected that this would occur on 1st July.

Any news about said pay rise?

Cheers,

BBN RADAR

cpdude
22nd Jul 2005, 13:23
Yes, it will occur on July 1st as said....the actual year it occurs has not been determined yet!:}

BBN RADAR
29th Jul 2005, 09:36
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else can add anything more constructive and informative to cpdude's input?

No disrespect intended! :ok:

Thanks in advance.

7FF
29th Jul 2005, 23:23
Yes,
Ha,Ha,Ha,Ho,Ho,Ho,He,He,he......best joke I have heard in ages.
:p

Turbo Beaver
30th Jul 2005, 04:11
CX will be paying the old A Scale Salary to all pilots with a 10% increase. The old A Scale provident will come back because CX realises the present one is inadequate.

All allowances will stop been paid as cash allowances and therefore will not be subject to HK tax.

Overtime will be paid after 76 hours instead of the current 84 hours. Crew Control will stop changing your roster to keep you out of overtime.

You will get more than two days off after returning from an ultra long haul because the Flight Ops Dept cares about your health and safety of the airline.

Retirement age will be reduced to 50 because it helps upgrade the First Officers (pay rise) which in turn help the Second Officers.

Staff travel will be an admin cost only instead of over inflated ID 90 prices we pay to fly on our airline. Slightly less that a good confirmed deal on BA.

All staff will greet the Captain as “Hello Captain Sir” because he deserves the respect. He doesn’t have to show the same respect to his crew or colleagues if he chooses not to. Some Captains already choose not to.

Your will have job security if you do everything asked of you by management i.e. S/O’s on conversion course on days off, answer your phone on days off, etc, etc.

This will be implemented very soon as the Cathay Pilots deserve it.

Anything else!:ok:

ByAirMail
30th Jul 2005, 05:31
Good try BBN Radar

OhForSure
9th Aug 2005, 08:06
I'm assuming a 'Good sense of humour' is a pre-requesite for CX DESO employment???:ok:

BBN RADAR
9th Aug 2005, 12:33
Ok, thanks for the sarcastic replies... its been a good laugh. :ok:

The thing is - I didn't start this thread as a windup. I'm just a low hour CPL who has been dreaming of working for CX for years.

There were at least two threads in Fragrant Harbour earlier this year in which "senior" and well respected PPRUNER's spoke of an expected pay rise. One of them is here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173567&highlight=pay+rise

I can't find the other reference but someone basically stated the same thing as tamalai in the link above.

I don't really want to repeat myself, but yeah - just wanted an update on the whole thing. CX has always been known as a well paid airline, but then I hear and read about pay decreasing sometimes. I think allowing for the company's recent profits, you would all deserve the payrise. (and thus I would receive the same conditions when I have the privilege of working with you) :E

I'm hoping that the lack of response does not indicate another win for management in the war to destroy T&C's.