PDA

View Full Version : Dxb 12r

BalusKaptan
22nd Jul 2005, 09:15
Whats the story regarding some recent take-offs from this runway?

tamalai
22nd Jul 2005, 09:49
wow, aircraft taking off from runway 12Right ??? whatever next landing as well ??? Maybe even taking off or landing on 12Left as well, will the excitement never end ???

ACMS
22nd Jul 2005, 13:48
Considering the notams, the nice pretty diagrams of the WIP given to us in our Jepp book and ground ATCO checking if you will accept 12R with a TODA of only about 2000 m ( if I recall ) I don't think there is much chance of a CX or EK a/c taking off on 12R by mistake, however Murphys law!!

Only a short flight would be able to use that RWY, certainly not a long flight at a decent weight.

cheers.

p.s. DXB is a bit of a mess at the moment hey!!

BalusKaptan
25th Jul 2005, 15:55
Latest I,ve heard around the bazzars......C & T Captain departed 12R unaware the T.O. data he was using was for the full length.

Subsequent rerun in the sim and the result was same as SQ/TPE, said C & T now plain line Captain.

Turbo Beaver
26th Jul 2005, 09:50
It is for that reason some C& T’s are in the training dept. Adds the extra layer of protection if one muck’s up.

How many close calls before the big one?

I assume it was at night.

tamalai
28th Jul 2005, 11:25
Ah, a "Classic" Error if ever there was one.......................still there but for the grace of God goes any of us!!!