PDA

View Full Version : Researched all day and this is what I figured...

Do3r17
19th Jul 2005, 23:52
Ok, I researched all day to figure out what my gameplan will be. This is what I came up with. Please tell me your thought on this.

Go to flight school to obtain all necessary license to become a instructor after I get the 1st class medical of course. Then, start college while instructing to help pay for it. Finish up all certificates while in college obtaining avation science degree. Once I have all the necessary license, try to get hired by smaller airlines and bring up those twin engine hours. Then in time, apply for the major airlines every 500 hours of experience until I get that interview.

What do you guys think? I researched a while today and would like to know your opinions. By the way, I live in the U.S.

sstaurus
20th Jul 2005, 16:54
Well, I hope you're living at home, because instructing is barely going to pay for living expenses, never mind college!

Sounds like a plan otherwise. Important thing is that you are thinking it through well. Give yourself more than a day though :)

I am in the same position as you, ie the planning stage as to how I'm going to finance my training. I'm going into 3rd yr university, but planning to wait until I'm done to start training. Hopefully I have a good chunk saved by then!

Good luck, we'll both need it

Do3r17
21st Jul 2005, 05:58
You are totally right. A good friend of mine suggested that I Joint the Air Force Reserves. That way I could obtain more flight hours (especially those precious Multi Engine hours)and get money for Purdue in pursuing my degree in Aeronautical Science!

Just want to know all your inputs on this one.

by the way, I've been searching the internet for the past three days for at least 8 hours a day. Just want to show how serious I am.

Farrell
21st Jul 2005, 10:23
"apply for the major airlines every 500 hours of experience until I get that interview"

Make sure that it's multi engine time you got there!