PDA

View Full Version : FI Rating - Scotland

Unusual Attitude
19th Jul 2005, 12:12
Can anyone recommend somewhere to do an FI rating in Scotland ? I've been in touch with Tayside several times however they've been telling me since April that they're not quite ready to take anyone on the course yet?

Is there anywhere else in Scotland I can do this course as I really dont want to hang about much longer?

Any suggestions would be welcome....

Regards

UA

Cactus99
19th Jul 2005, 12:42
Try Prestwick Flight centre, the only other place in Scotland apart from Tayside. Bill Stewart (CFI) is doing the courses at Prestwick now, I've heard he's an excellent instructor!!

Forget Tayside, I know several guys who have been trying to do courses there recently and have been mucked about and given various excuses for not being able to start.

Good luck with the course.

DB6
20th Jul 2005, 17:51
Cactus, the main reason Tayside haven't been able to do FIC courses recently was that their primary FIC instructor left to join Loganair. The new FIC instructor is online and you may find things pick up a bit now. The CFI is also an FIC instructor but as he recently 'retired' there have been a lot of other demands on his time, hence the less than perfect continuity.
UA, it may be worth trying Tayside again now, what you will get is top notch tuition. They are still the RAF's choice for the flying scholarship and standards reflect that. The other thing is that it is not uncommon to be offered a job on completion of your course (providing you pass a CFS checkout normally).
N.B. I may be biased as I do some part time stuff for Tayside but the fact that I choose to do that when I have a full time airline job should tell you something as well.
Good luck anyway, instructing is great fun (if not the best way to pay off a mortgage) :{ :ok: .