PDA

View Full Version : Sincere Thankyou

cyclicmicky
18th Jul 2005, 08:04
To all you military aircrew and support staff at Fairford RIAT.
I wish to offer my sincere thanks for a wonderful day of flying displays from all involved, from the ticket collectors to the aircrew who flew the aircraft you all deserve a great round of applause.
It was a wonderful day (sunday) for me, and one I will remember for a long long time.
I am only a humble trainee helo pilot, but greatly appreciated the outstanding aviators from all over the globe.
Too many times I see critical reports of the military, .........often biased and incorrect, days like this should kick those critics in to touch.
Ladies and gentlemen of the armed forces, once again my thanks for an outstanding day.
Micky.
:ok: :ok:

Wycombe
18th Jul 2005, 09:13
Looked like the chaps at the Vickers Funbus had a good party in full swing late yesterday afternoon. Never seen a party on the wing before, though ;)

BEagle
18th Jul 2005, 11:34
Ooops!

That's probably because those of us who used to take the real FunBus (VC10K, not the truckie version) to airshows had enough sense not to hold such a party where some fun-detecting Air Wheel might see it!

The wing fence is just the right height to lean against when seated on the wing with a 'lemonade'!

At Atlanta Gee-oh-gee-yuh, the spams went one better and held a tailplane party on the C-5!

charliegolf
18th Jul 2005, 11:39
Blimey- neither of which you'd want to fall from! Well not sober anyway.

CG

SASless
18th Jul 2005, 12:33
The HSE Nazi's would have had heart failure....airplanes and fun...together...in one place....say it ain't so!

Pontius Navigator
18th Jul 2005, 13:42
Wycombe, you missed the Nimrod party two years ago. At least the Vickers Funbus had steps into the aircraft, not the Nimrod.

Onan the Clumsy
18th Jul 2005, 15:11
Imagine an AWACS party then...complete with revolving dance floor :p

try and top THAT!

Pilot Pacifier
18th Jul 2005, 19:48
The Mighty Wokka steals the show again!

Congratulations to 'Carl' and his crew for winning the 'Best British Display' award. :ok:

A totally awesome blade slapping display, plus that nose-down quick stop, 100 kts to the hover in under a second! :\

Well done guys...

normally right blank
18th Jul 2005, 20:44
You're right! Fantastic CH-47 display.
And not so bad from the EH-101 - wonder when we'll get our new fantastic "Merlin Joint Supporter".:D (Yes, I lost the naming competition!)
Best Regards
(Recovering from sunburns)

6foottanker
19th Jul 2005, 19:41
Does anyone have any after sun, can't remember the weather ever being that good over a RIAT weekend, and I wasn't quite prepared! :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

airborne_artist
19th Jul 2005, 19:44
Does anyone have any after sun

I had some after sunset, if that's what you mean ;) :}

EESDL
19th Jul 2005, 19:47
Congratulations to all responsible for such a successful show.
Any idea how much 'profit' was raised for good causes?

Flatfish
20th Jul 2005, 23:22
An excellent show. Sunshine, beer, more beer and some great PR for the military - the visitors to our aircraft seemed appreciative and hopefully learned something.
Thanks to VQ-4 for the beer calls and the 'displays' by the ladies on the wing of the E6. Not too sure that the RIAT officials were too happy though as Joe Public were still wandering past !:ok:

galaxy flyer
22nd Jul 2005, 17:47
Beags:

As a retired C-5 driver, would have loved to seen that party--just not as the Boss. The payment due for being in charge of a tailplane party would have been extravagent, to say the least. If not jail, at least permanent co-pilot of a desk.

The trip up the rudder ladder would have sorted out the real partyers from the mere hanger-ons. And the sober from the tipsy! I doubt anyone with a few drinks would have made it to the hatch.

GF

PS: Many an airshow has been watched way above the crowd, though.