PDA

View Full Version : Question re: ATPL resits

unstable_aloft
16th Jul 2005, 12:29
Apologies if this is already covered in other posts, did a quick search but couldn't find answer.

I'm taking first round of ATPL exams in August. I'd just like to know, if I fail any of them:

- do the resits have to be done straight away asap?
- if more than one resit, do they all have to be taken at once?
- is there any insistance on re-taking the "brush-up" element of the groundschool course before re-sitting?

I'm not planning on failing any, but I like to know what's what so I can plan ahead.

The main reason I ask is because my first child is due at end of August, so my time will be a bit more restricted after then (some may say a lot more).

Thanks in advance.

GusHoneybun
16th Jul 2005, 13:04
Hi,

You do not need to resit immediately. In fact you can resit them whenever you like. You could resit the failures when you take the module 2 exams, or wait until after you have sat all the exams, it's purely up to you. You do not have to attend another brush up course for any exams you failed, however, common sense would dictate that this would be a good idea.

However, you can only attend a test centre a total of six times (ie six sittings), and each individual exam can only be attempted 4 times.

ricky-godf
16th Jul 2005, 14:11
Bear in mind that as long as you sit your examination with the UK CAA your exam results will arrive after the last available day to book the next examination session, and the CAA will not allow you to book a re-take before you have your official score. (ie. if you fail one exam in August you won't be able to resit it in September).
But I am sure you'll pass all straight-forward.
All the best.

helicopter-redeye
16th Jul 2005, 17:40
Watch out for the "attempts, sittings and time" rules (4/6/18) and plan an exam strategy to avoid running out of any of the three.

h-r:)

G-ANDY
18th Jul 2005, 18:22
Unstable Aloft - are you taking your exams in August, or your brush-up course?

Im going for the brush-up on 22 Aug, then the exams 5-8 Sep - will you be there??!

Bob&Yaw
20th Jul 2005, 15:04
Hi

I failed gen nav in March & have still not re-taken the subject. Every one is different but i wanted to get mod 2 started & see how those exams went with the idea of using as little of the re-takes & sittings as possible. Don't stress about it too much you will know whats right for you after your brush up & the exams. Best of luck.:O