PDA

View Full Version : 757 Rate of Climb?

Ztimbre
15th Jul 2005, 20:07
Hello all,
I've been lurking on Pprune for a long time but this is my first post.... please be kind ;) Here goes.... could a real 757 driver or two give me an approximate max rate of climb for a 757-200 under the following conditions?

altitude: sea level
atmohphere: ISA
winds: none
aircraft: MTOW (255k lbs.)
Any engine variant.
Initial rate, and then perhaps intervals @ 10k, 20k, 30k

I am *attempting* to build a simple flight simulator for a university class (just love the 757 so chose to model it), so as much info as you can pass along is very much appreciated. I realize I could probably find the relevant tables in the POH, but being a poor student I'd rather not drop the $ if I don't have to. :\ Let me know if I've forgotten any of the conditions you may need to answer my question.

thanks again,

Greg

simfly
15th Jul 2005, 20:13
Hi Greg, I'm not a 757 pilot so I can't give those figures, but have you had a look at something like one of the flight sim add-on packages available. There aren't many 757 ones around, but I'd highly recommend level d's 767, almost same cockpit etc, and easy to find any useful information for your class... It is (so I'm told) quite accurate in performance and many of the charts/tables are available through these programmes.
Si

Kestrel_909
16th Jul 2005, 00:38
This might come in helpful, especially the last post.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46247&highlight=757+minutes+climb

Search '757 performance' on here and you'll find a wealth of knowledge hidden over the years.:ok:

Ztimbre
19th Jul 2005, 02:12
Hi simfly, thanks for the suggestion. I've looked at that level-d 767 and agree it would work well. It got a lot of documentation floating around. So right now it's my #1 backup. :)

@ Kestrel_909 -thanks for the link, very helpful! Funnily enough, I'd done several searches but had not come up with much. Guess I wasn't using the "magic words". With that link plus some bits from searching here again I think I've got at least a good place to start from.:ok:

Thanks again to you both. Very much appreciated!

regards,

Greg

Kestrel_909
19th Jul 2005, 10:05
Your welcome.

I remembered reading that post, just took a few different terms to try and find the right one.