PDA

View Full Version : Groundschool help????

cptkinz
14th Jul 2005, 13:40
Hi, this question has probably been asked a thousand times but here goes.

I'm looking to start my atpl groundschool asap.

I like the look of Bristol, however, I'd prefer a residential course.

Can anyone reccommend a school that does this. Oxfords accommodation seems a bit steep @ £800 per month.

any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

TolTol
14th Jul 2005, 16:44
Best doing a search m8, plenty of schools mentioned on this forum.

EGAC_Ramper
14th Jul 2005, 17:36
Oxford on site accommadation IS steep and not worth it frankly.Though it is a 6 month course so why not rent out a house with others from you class.Like I do!!:ok: 3 of us sharing house for £875 a month and you get house between yourselves.All in all a much better idea.:D

Regards

liverbird
14th Jul 2005, 19:35
Look around other schools, i found a shared house by the airfield near cranfield aviation for £40 a week..

laffin....

cptkinz
14th Jul 2005, 23:56
Thanks for the help all. £40 a week sounds ok!!!! LOL I'll have a look around.

jameslongworth
15th Jul 2005, 08:38
I thoroughly enjoyed Bristol - great tuition, good notes, and great pass rates. Frankly a bargain... Feel free to private me for more feedback.

Mercenary Pilot
15th Jul 2005, 12:26
You could try Cranfield Aviation Training School, They do an in house course and I thought they were good when I was there.

Cranfield has loads of B&B's and student digs for alot less than £800 p.m.

www.cranfieldaviation.co.uk (http://www.cranfieldaviation.co.uk)

Send Clowns
16th Jul 2005, 18:14
The CAA website has a PDF file listing all FTOs (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF). Look on page 6 to see which do courses (DL means distance learning, Res residential) and part 2 gives contact details. There are not many of us, you could probably visit most. We would all I am sure be delighted to see you and show you round.

jameslongworth
17th Jul 2005, 15:44
Count me in if you want someone to sell Bristol to you... thought the course was great.