PDA

View Full Version : Licence issue question???

Fancy Navigator
11th Jul 2005, 19:04
Hi,
I have just passed my CPL skill test and on filling in the licence application form, I realised that the CAA Scheme of charges indicates "For the grant of a Commercial Pilot licence (Aeroplane), Commercial Pilot licence (Helicopter), Airline Transport Pilot licence (Aeroplane), and Airline Transport Pilot licence (Helicopter) including an initial type rating and instrument rating where these are included in the application valid for 5 years "
Does this mean that if you complete your IR in the weeks that follow your CPL skill test, you can apply for both your CPL and IR for the same price as the CPL on its own without the IR included? Does this also mean that, therefore, by applying for both the CPL and IR at once, you don't pay for the inclusion of the IR on your CPL (saving a bit of dosh along the way)?
How long are the CPL and IR tests valid for?

Thanks for your answers.

FNav

:) :) :)

willby
11th Jul 2005, 19:36
Hi FN,
Basically if you apply for CPL, ME rating and Initial IR at the same time you get three for the price of one i.e £194.
Your Cpl skills test and ME test are valid for 12 months so if you are going to do your IR immediately after your CPL it makes sense to wait and apply for them together.
Also by applying for ME and IR together you can do your annual Renewal at the same time.
regards
Willby

Linda Mollison
12th Jul 2005, 09:06
I am afraid you are not quite correct Willby.

The MEP rating has to be issued within 6 months of the date you pass it, not 1 year, but you do get 1 year for the CPL and the IR.

Bit of an anomoly but it is easy to get caught out.

You would have to do the MEP skill test and the written test again if you did not get it issued within the 6 months.

Also, the date of expiry of the MEP rating and the IR run from the date you pass the tests, not the date you get the ratings issued.

willby
12th Jul 2005, 19:42
Hi LInda,
I stand corrected. I have just checked lasors and it is 6 months as you indicated for the MEP.
Regards
Willby