PDA

View Full Version : Eyesight for Navs/Obs

ladyfly
11th Jul 2005, 12:56
Does anybody know off hand what the minimum eyesight requirements are for Nav/Obs??

I have been told they are the same as pilot, just wondering if this is the case or not.

Many Thanks

L'Fly

airborne_artist
11th Jul 2005, 13:40
If all else fails, try the search facility.

In this instance all is revealed (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1926944&highlight=eyesight#post1926944)

rivetjoint
11th Jul 2005, 14:15
Best bet is to find your way to what you think is the opticians. If when you get there he offers you a good deal on some lamb chops think twice about applying :)

ladyfly
21st Jul 2005, 13:03
Is there anyway I can find out what the score is before I go to AIB on the minimun requirements? Will the normal med centre know?

airborne_artist
21st Jul 2005, 15:04
Make an appointment at the opticians, and take the sight reqs. with you. They'll be able to tell you on the spot if you meet the reqs. NHS eye test is £22.00 ish. Had mine on Tuesday - and at the grand age of 46 and two days I am within limits!

ladyfly
21st Jul 2005, 16:54
if you need to squint slightly to see the required line is that allowed, as i have heard it is unaided sight, and ok?

Axel-Flo
21st Jul 2005, 17:22
Just go and have the 'kin test done , it's a pass fail thing you know. not a huge amount of ambiguity. Now the processes of the AIB, still at Sultan?, now that is a very different kettle of fish.....:E

ladyfly
21st Jul 2005, 18:20
Thanks, I have spoken to CAM at Henlow and they have advised that the minimun requirements are better than 6/12 in both eyes, my optician has advised my eyesight is 6/7.5 but i did squint slightly.

Axel-Flo
22nd Jul 2005, 07:44
Great, now go do it and come back and tell us and any wannabees out there how it all went. Oh, and more importantly once your doin' it how good it is and that you enjoy it....so go get your a$$ in the air. This could be the first days of the rest of your life:D