PDA

View Full Version : Wing waggling fast jet between Shobdon & Welshpool

baldwinm
11th Jul 2005, 11:25
If it was you who overtook our Cessna 172 heading North between Shobdon & Welshpool on Saturday Afternoon -

Hi! :D

Pilgrim101
11th Jul 2005, 11:38
Cessna 172 "Heavy"

He shouldn't have flown into your wake vortex - needs more training and low level, high speed, ball tingling practice ! :E

Maude Charlee
12th Jul 2005, 10:22
I should bloody well hope he overtook you and not the other way round.

baldwinm
12th Jul 2005, 10:40
Might have been a "She" ;)

Pilgrim101
12th Jul 2005, 11:19
No chance - they never look over their shoulders when they overtake you in their BMW Z4's, so they sure wouldn't waggle their wings in a FJ

(Sorry, chauvinistic old fart mode "ON") :}

Flobadob
12th Jul 2005, 14:22
Might have been a Shim!:yuk:

Onan the Clumsy
12th Jul 2005, 14:25
Maybe he dropped his pen.

fidae
12th Jul 2005, 22:18
This should be on the spotters forum, not mil aircrew

Yozzer
13th Jul 2005, 06:07
fidae wasted several seconds of his life whilst wibbling:

"This should be on the spotters forum, not mil aircrew"

This has nothing to do with spotters, and everything to do with fellow aviators passing the time of day in a time honoured fashion whilst airborne. ......and one individual taking it one step further in a perfectly acceptable way.

Your post contributes nothing positive to this thread and is uncalled for and unecessary. Whilst not wishing to have every chance encounter published here every day, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this thread, and the typical "military" banter that followed its introduction is also perfectly fine.

>>Places box back into cupboard, and gets on with life whilst muttering "plonker"<<

The Rocket
13th Jul 2005, 10:19
Not just once has Fidae wasted his time wibbling "This should be on the spotters forum, not mil aircrew"
He also contributed the same to the "Helicopter Formation.." thread.

You are not a moderator, you can clearly see the thread title before you choose to read it. If it bothers you that much, don't look at it :rolleyes:

Wizzard
13th Jul 2005, 12:07
Sorry, this whole thead is fiction.

Fast Jet.

On a SATURDAY!

Afternoon!

I don't think so:O

Wiz

Yozzer
13th Jul 2005, 12:41
>>"Sorry, this whole thead is fiction.
Fast Jet.
On a SATURDAY!
Afternoon!
I don't think so"<<

I saw 9 red fast jets on a sunday recently and a whole lot of civvie owned Hunters, Gnats, JPs, Russian unpronouncables, in addition to every aircraft on the display network.

There are a few fastish jets at Hawarden and Kemble that could well transit the Welsh borders homeward bound.

The days of fast jets being the domain of the military are well and truly over. .....and when the Vulcan takes off, it can only be a short while before a Lightning or Buccaneer follows.

I do however remember the days when a low level route would involve some impromtu FE against various NATO FJs as opposed to nowadays when you dont see FJs at all, at anytime!!

6foottanker
14th Jul 2005, 18:54
And it is airshow season, and last time I looked, they were generally on at the weekend, when most normal people (and FJ mates) get time off. Haven't had the chance to look recently...(boo hoo, sob).

Wizzard
15th Jul 2005, 01:43
Bugger!

Lost another hook:O

Wiz

Bo Nalls
15th Jul 2005, 06:05
and when the Vulcan takes off, it can only be a short while before a Lightning or Buccaneer follows.

I think you may find that the B could be flying in the UK a lot earlier than the V - maybe this year :ok: :ok:

Navaleye
15th Jul 2005, 06:18
Who's B? I didn't know about that. Please spill the beans.

kluge
15th Jul 2005, 09:40
Navaleye - look in one of the latest UK air mags - "Today's Pilot" I think it is - I read it last week but have forgotten details sorry.
One of the old Linc bases has a collection of Hunters, a Bucc and a "Fitter" all G-registered.....but no Lightning sob sob. Privately owed - needs lots of mullah to fuel one - GBP3K I think...better start saving.

Cheers

K

LuckyBreak
15th Jul 2005, 12:22
Yup, they're based at Scampton, in fact one of the Hunters took off this morning and did some aeros - awesome!