PDA

View Full Version : Mount Alice Piccies Anyone?

meadowbank
10th Jul 2005, 20:14
Does anyone out there in PpruneLand have any pics/vids of 'flypasts' by F-4s at Mount Alice? If so, please post here or PM me if you're shy!

F4 Driver

AlanM
10th Jul 2005, 20:16
Got a load of "Fiery Cross" pics from the tower balcony...... :)

(And RHAG engagements/work with the C130K etc)

(Unless you meant Alice who worked in SHQ..... most had a mount at some stage)

Maple 01
10th Jul 2005, 21:28
Alice, Alice, where the **** is Alice?

Runs off mumbling something about 'Byron Boys being on the pi** again'

ORAC
11th Jul 2005, 06:59
I'll dig around on Tuesday and see what I can find. And if anyone has a copy of the tape with XX's flypast......

BEagle
11th Jul 2005, 07:01
If it's the video I saw of an F-4 with 'everything down' missing the site by a few feet, he nearly killed himself and his navigator.....

Not very clever.

AlanM
11th Jul 2005, 07:22
.......as wasn't the Fiery Cross which was aimed at the tower.... as Duty Pilot was on roof for a preplanned photo mission!!

I hadn't seen OC Ops move as fast since the Navy Lynx did a nice wingover above Timmy with Pax walking out to it. (Do you have to put in it yr log book if the 5 min flight was due to being RTBd for Stn Cdrs Bollocking!?!?!!)

Must be all that fresh air........ :O

meadowbank
11th Jul 2005, 20:41
BEagle

That's one of the clips I'd like to see as I haven't seen it yet (although it was a slow-speed flypast, the pilot went much faster later on in life!).

ORAC
Thanks. I believe .... erm .... from a friend of mine that there were some impressive inverted passes!

AlanM
If the Fiery Cross pictures are impressive, I (we?) would like to see them.

BEagle
11th Jul 2005, 20:48
I don't know the whereabouts of that clip....

Was it really Dead Dog? And did he really get his name from his sense of humour?

I did actually donate a few hundred quid to Thrust SSC though...

AlanM
11th Jul 2005, 21:19
Some of the F4 pics are OK - but need to be scanned in.

(Some from the rear seat :) )

Will go in the garage and find the scanner...... been meaning to do it for a while.

ORAC
12th Jul 2005, 20:35
Bad news: Can't find any good photos in my album. :suspect:
Good news: Got the Mount Alice VHS tape. :ok:
Bad news: Haven't got a VCR anymore, just a Sky+ box and a DVD recorder. :ouch:

BEagle
12th Jul 2005, 21:09
If you wish to send me the tape, I will send it back to you plus a DVD copy, Orac. Just PM me if you wish.

RHINO
13th Jul 2005, 17:37
Suggest you all get up to Saunders - they have an excellent photo album!! Well they did nearly 20 years ago. :cool: