PDA

View Full Version : Some cars on the M4??

StopStart
9th Jul 2005, 09:30
Whilst flying in the circuit at Lyneham I happened to notice several cars driving along the M4.
What were they up to?
Some of them were going quite fast quite close together - accident waiting to happen if you ask me and it'll be us taxpayers that end up footing the bill!!

etc etc repeat to fade/ad nauseam

:rolleyes:

Gainesy
9th Jul 2005, 10:14
Shouldn't you be keeping your eyes on the air?

If you really need to know then you could always write to the Press Office at the DVLA.

Feckin Journo anyway, I'll bet...:)

Impiger
9th Jul 2005, 11:29
Cars on a Motorway - whatever next? Trains on railways perhaps or aircraft at airports.

jumpseater
9th Jul 2005, 11:45
I thought you flew Herculii, not Circuits.... Is the 'J' model circuit any better than the old one?.....

MikeTells
9th Jul 2005, 12:13
EGDL you are clear to descend into back-stabbing and petty rivalry. Report passing fight level 4, ever.

Onan the Clumsy
9th Jul 2005, 13:20
I heard of a story about a car that was headed directly for an orphanage full of blind orphans and nuns. It was only at the last possible second that it turned right, drove through the car park, around to the back, narrowly missing the building. A horrific disaster was narrowly diverted thanks to the alertness of the driver.

Something should be done about it though. :*

FB11
9th Jul 2005, 13:33
Maybe the reason for lack of concentration was that each of the drivers (from the Ross on Wye area) was fumbling for a pen, trying to take down the details of a Hercules whose 4 engines were all about to detach spontaneously from the aircraft.

Luckily, those aircraft builders narrowly averted another potential disaster by correct structural design and all engines remained attached.

Not to worry, as soon as the Herc gets out of the way, there'll be another couple of Harriers narrowly avoiding a mid air each time they do a 90 degree turn. That'll keep 'em busy scribbling.

tmmorris
9th Jul 2005, 13:55
I seem to recall Lyneham calling 'traffic in your 3 o'clock, height unknown, believed M4 road traffic', so they can obviously see them too...

Tim

Wycombe
9th Jul 2005, 17:54
....and they can see trains from their darkened room aswell IIRC!

tarbaby
10th Jul 2005, 07:29
I can remember a "co" who used to ask if I could see his girlfriend's red mini on the M4, en-route to Lyneham on a Friday afternoon. I always said, "Yes." It kept him happy. Life was much more simple then.

PPRuNe Pop
10th Jul 2005, 07:54
SS

Some of them were going quite fast quite close together - accident waiting to happen if you ask me and it'll be us taxpayers that end up footing the bill!! What were they up to?

Herc watching! :rolleyes: ;)

C130 Techie
11th Jul 2005, 11:52
I live less than a mile from the M4 and this is becoming a problem.

Cars and even lorries are using it daily sometimes even late at night and into the early hours.

Also I spend all day trying to sort out Hercules problems and when iI get home they fly low over my house just to annoy me. Its just not fair.

ImageGear
11th Jul 2005, 12:08
While lying in bed around 12:30pm, on Friday night I definitely heard a 4-engined Morris Countryman going over my roof at 500'.

I know it was a Morris Countryman because we don't get any Herks over here. (Midway between Booker and White Waltham)

We do get an occasional throbbing egg whisk going from B to C, and a rather shiny white executive limo whistling it's way from somewhere near Uxbridge to the South West around 4000'

It's very boring just lots of Lager Beatles executing BNN1D's to the great parking lot to the East.

More Morris Countrymen if you please,

Imagegear

cja197
11th Jul 2005, 12:25
ImageGear - 12.30 pm, isn't that early afternoon - not night?

ImageGear
11th Jul 2005, 12:32
Well if the time is wrong, perhaps it was a Rover 90.